Author Topic: Champions Beta  (Read 61702 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Champions Beta
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2009, 01:24:02 PM »
I've pre-ordered from Play. So hyped for this game right now.

Offline Thuggy

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2009, 08:21:47 PM »
I've pre-ordered from Play. 

And so did I..... (even though I stand by my comments from the other day!!)
I have cancelled my WoW Sub again and I want something new to try to keep me going until SWTOR

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2009, 09:00:25 PM »
I've pre-ordered from Play. 

And so did I..... (even though I stand by my comments from the other day!!)
I have cancelled my WoW Sub again and I want something new to try to keep me going until SWTOR

Thats exactly my view on it chap. Keep me going till SWTOR. However, I believe this game will be good enough to keep me running it alongside SWTOR.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 10:43:21 AM »
finally got info on the roles you unlock, you start the game with balanced only others are unlocked

Guardian (Balanced)

• Standard Damage
    • Standard Bonus Hit Points
    • Potency of Healing powers are standard
    • Potency of Hold and Root powers are standard
    • Resistance to Hold and Root powers are standard
    • Power decays at normal rate
    • Energy generated when blocking incoming attacks is standard
    • Standard Threat generation
    • 1 Versatile Passive slot

Avenger (Offense)

• + All damage is increased by 20%
    • - Bonus Hit Points are reduced by 50%
    • - Potency of Healing powers and effects are reduced by 20%
    • - Potency of Hold and Root powers are reduced by 20%
    • - Resistance to Hold and Root powers are reduced by 20%.
    • + Power decays at 50% normal rate
    • - No energy generated when blocking incoming attacks
    • 1 Offensive Passive Slot

Sentinel (Defense)

• Standard Damage
    • + Bonus Hit Points are increased by 25%
    • Potency of Healing powers are standard
    • Potency of Hold and Root powers are standard
    • + Resistance to Hold and Root powers are increased by 20%.
    • - Power decays at twice normal rate
    • + Energy generated when blocking incoming attacks is doubled
    • + Bonus to Threat generation
    • 1 Defensive Passive Slot

Protector (Support)

• - All damage is reduced by 20%
    • - Bonus Hit Points are reduced by 25%
    • + Potency of Healing powers are increased by 20%
    • + Potency of Hold and Root powers are increased by 20%
    • + Resistance to Hold and Root powers are increased by 20%.
    • + Power decays at 50% normal rate
    • Energy generated when blocking incoming attacks is standard
    • 1 Support Passive Slot
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2009, 10:50:56 AM »
I like this. It'll be cool if you can switch out of different roles through the course of the game. Try you hand at tanking and healing and such.

Probably wouldn't happen, but would be cool.

10 days till my beta key arrives! ;D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2009, 11:46:38 AM »
you can save different roles setups for your toon and its a simple press of button (f keys) to swap roles (90 sec cooldown once swapped)  although not all power sets get passives for all roles, but then you can select from other sets nowt stops you ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2009, 02:35:58 PM »
they are turning servers on for a full 72 hours from 6pm as opposed to the usual 14 :) much goodness as they get ready to invite you smelly masses inside ;P

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2009, 03:52:55 PM »
they are turning servers on for a full 72 hours from 6pm as opposed to the usual 14 :) much goodness as they get ready to invite you smelly masses inside ;P

Can't... wait... much... longer!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2009, 03:54:31 PM »
How do the roles work on a group basis?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2009, 04:20:31 PM »
the way i see it is main/off tanks would go defense, dps -offense and healers/CC go support roles but a si said previously switching is easy in combat, just a button press with a 90sec cd effect between switching roles.

you save roles per character on a per role gear basis.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2009, 04:22:02 PM »
Isnt there a danger in this role switching, that people will feel a need when away from actual group content to just solo all the time?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2009, 09:56:50 AM »
whilst soloing is a possibility depending on area, there is a nice selection of team missions (without it briniging a halt to the fun) and the PQs arent soloable at level (unless using the OPd power armour set (hehe nerf incoming i sense) and are more fun in a group anyways) The crisis zones, and strongholds  require groups to get most from them. I did attempt a 5 man area in Canada ( at -2 the recommended level)  and got about half way through and only died a few times , but then i am using Power Armour (did i say it was currently OPd ? :D  ) ( i did add repair bots from gadgeteering to keep me alive that long though)

but things have just changed this weeks patch is 1Gig in size ( and no patch notes yet available) O.o they really are getting ready for the masses now.

p.s. nerf Power armour plx ty (PVP is horrid at the mo easily 75% are using Power armour not because its fun , like me, but simply to win).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 10:14:58 AM by Caradir »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2009, 11:29:37 AM »
so the huge patch this week broke lots of stuff ;) they like doing that on wednesdays :D

Fridays patch will sort it out (mostly) for you guys joining on Sat(??)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2009, 01:58:06 PM »
an FYI for those coming in on Sat ill set up a chat channel as soon as i get in on friday and post here so we can chat when on, and maybe try setting up a SG to see what the ui for thats like (SG creation needs 5 bodies though)

and a little info ;)  during the tutorial there are a few "hidden" missions search them out to finish your first perk (unless you kill lots in which case that one will be first :)  )

i was going to tell where they are but half the fun is finding these things for yourself :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2009, 02:01:29 PM »
Must resist a 5th MMO...

hard to do too :(