Author Topic: PVP & Other Info  (Read 2639 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
PVP & Other Info
« on: June 22, 2010, 10:38:28 AM »
Some very interesting stuff in this compilation thread, nothing concrete of course.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=33345

Some vague info about PvP -

* List of Warzones so far:

* Alderaan

* PvP can be fought in Warzones which are specific team-vs.-team scenarios - E3 1up June 2010
    * Quote Rich Vogel: We will have open PvP play and we will have instances, I'll just put it that way. - E3 Massively June 2010
    * Warzones were presented as distinct zones that are separate from the persistent Alderaan world map. - E3 Darth Hater June 2010 (B)
    * Quote: We’ve explored a lot of those endgame PvP mechanics and that is another area where I think people will be excited - VG247 March 2010
    * Quote: Yes, we have anti-twink measures. Yes, high level players get shut out if they kill creatures too far below them. - XP Damion Schubert
    * Quote: We don’t support the high level character killing the low level player, but it’s safe to say that we’re going to make sure that that does not happen. - VG247 March 2010
    * It looks possible that Open World PvP is available in game as seen in Video (ofc it could just be a PvP Server)- Combat Dev. Vid.
    * Quote from James Olhen: "We're going to have open world PvP, As for the more structured PvP, I can't going into details but we will have it" - PC Gamer UK April 2010
    * Small amount of PvP action shown between 3 players during Dev. Video (4.00) - Designing the Darkside
    * Confirmed that you do NOT have to PvP in TOR, its an option if you want too - IGN Q & A
    * Richard Vogal during an interview said that Battlegrounds were available - Games Reactor
    * Loot sets also seem to be in game, possible mutliple PvP sets mentioned - Gamespot Smuggler

Some random bits for those who are unable to read the thread (at work or whatever) -

Of the 8 classes each splits into 2 Sub or Advance classes, each of which has 2 specific talent trees per sub class plus one more which is a shared tree between the two Advance Classes - Eurogamer Adv Tree

They are trying to make TOR available to People with a mix of PC quality Old and New - StarWarsMMO

The game is not aimed at the Hardcore player but the Star Wars, RPG and Bioware Fans- GamesRadar

200+ Hours of game play per character - Gamespot 2 Vid.

The aim is to remove Grinding - multiple reviews.

After talking about the smaller starter planet of Hutta: Quote: "It took a little under an hour to roam from one end of Hutta to the next, but that was on pretty much a straight line with only a couple little side ventures."- E3 Tor-Aid June 2010 (A)

You can play as a Neutral character such as a Grey Jedi, Confirmed - Live Q & A session Comic Con.

Quote: "Going to have crafting and harvesting, going to have guilds and social activities" - MMOGamer - Blaine Christine

Each class gets their own ship to be used as a hub, store items and to get between planets - E3 Reveal (E3 IGN June 2010)

Player made UI Supported -Goha (GamesCom)

Quote: EA confirms that Star Wars: The Old Republic won't hit the market until after March 31, 2011 - Toms Hardware

* Quote from James Olhen: "The number of players per server will be comparable to WoW" - PC Gamer UK April 2010
    * Mentioned by Sean in an Interview that they are considering that if your in Europe and want to play on a US server they will allow it - SWTOR-Station (Sean)
    * They are looking into seperate servers for PvP, RP etc as an option. - StarWarsMMO
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: PVP & Other Info
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 10:39:21 AM »
The game is not aimed at the Hardcore player but the Star Wars, RPG and Bioware Fans- GamesRadar

Lol - in my experience those 3 categories often contain the hardcore folks :D

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 11:21:36 AM »
Things are hotting up as far as TOR goes.

I'm fairly confident that this won't be another WAR/CO.

I'm spending a lot of my free time scouring the intarwebz for new info on this game these days :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 11:44:40 AM »
Free time of which you have plenty without wow :)

(PS sent EVE Buddy trial :D)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 01:21:34 PM »

Registered and installed, just haven't had time to sit down and try it proper yet.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 04:33:46 PM »

Registered and installed, just haven't had time to sit down and try it proper yet.

turn away from the dark side, but seriously remember EVe is a game you get out what you put in.

Whatever makes your wank you can probably do it, Mine, shoot , explore, or start a Industrial/ Trading career. All is possible.

Just do not be afraid to ask questions we all know what that first time in eve is like.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kathras

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 08:30:38 PM »
"Open PVP" - the idea always makes me shiver with anticipation.

"Grey Jedis" - interesting idea.  does that mean I can PvP with both sides of the war?
"Uncompromising men are easy to admire." - fictional character