Author Topic: Quick Apology  (Read 4394 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Apology
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2008, 01:59:36 PM »
Wasn't online last night (or pretty much last week  ::) ) so don't know what the fuss is about. I personally whine at times quite a lot (especially about witch-hutners) but I tend to do it on forums rather than in game. I swear next time somebody starts to whine about Whitelions or Witch-hunters in /g I'll turn the guild-chat tab off; yes I know, and I have heard all the rants (most of them from me) already  :-X

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 07:45:13 PM »
Anyway, I left the guild mostly in a huff - I want to see this game (and my Witch Hunter) through the whole arc and I would like to do that with you guys if you'll have me back.

Yay :-)

I'm on holiday today, so I'll be on most of the day - happy to invite =)

You work less than I do. You must have a forgiving boss :D

Hardly, I've just been unwell recently. At some point soon, real work will kick in, and then you'll basically not see me again for a bit =)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 12:07:07 PM »
Don't worry chaps, this is pretty mild drama as far as HoJ goes, eh Beo? ;) ;D

Offline Peter

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2008, 12:19:39 PM »
As one of the protagonists I also have to apologise - I was having a major sense of humour loss from too much scenario playing.
A quick suggestion? Play less. :)

An honest evaluation of the game (don't shoot the messenger, please :D) is that WAR is currently not a great game overall. It is overall a decent game, slightly above average when compared to the competition, with a few parts that are awesome and significantly above the competition (and when evaluated solely on the basis of those parts, it is a great game indeed) and a lot of parts that are worse than the competition, and that it falls far short of many major design goals. Ambitious goals to fall short of for sure, but it is nevertheless something that it is hard not to notice and it aids in creating frustration.

The latter is something that time will to a great degree address via future patches, the former may or may not - it will surely be attempted for some areas, but there's a lot of work and time needed.

The result is that it is a game that it is very, very, easy to become passionate about on both the "it sucks" and "it rules" sides (depending on what you feel is important in the game or what you have just been experiencing in the last few hours of gameplay). And it adds up.

So, if you feel that you are getting too emotional on a regular basis (and let's face it, there are excellent reasons for that), do yourself the favour of playing less per week; you'll extend your enjoyment in calendar weeks while minimizing the risk of cardiac arrest. :)

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2008, 03:17:02 PM »
That said I would call it the first game to give WoW a run for its money that's competing against it so directly. It isn't without its problems, I certainly agree, both in technical terms and in game design terms, but it's in the right league.

I say this from the perspective of only having played WoW and Warhammer, of course. ::)
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)