Author Topic: Quick Apology  (Read 4393 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Quick Apology
« on: October 26, 2008, 10:41:39 PM »
To anyone who may have seen my outburst in /guild chat earlier.

It and the language I used were uncalled for, especially when a /t to the right parties would have been more suitable in that situation at that time, or maybe a little while before hand.

There isnt really a place for outbursts like that from such as myself, and I hope those who did see it are aware that it was a blip on my usually pleasant (or hyper) character.

So apologies to those who did see it and to those who werent about. Dont ask.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 11:47:45 PM by Beosvir »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Apology
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 11:27:54 PM »
you bad man i refer you to our charter , it has instructions on how to deal with grievances ;)

...and dont do it again or you shall be punished ;)

ill just assume you got a bit hotheaded over something.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Pashur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 09:04:02 AM »
I don't know if that was uncalled for. However, since you are the GM maybe you should have used tell but then someone else should have stood up and said something, nobody did. Shame on us not on you.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 09:13:21 AM »
Well I wasnt there, so no offense here. But knowing myself sometimes not keeping a hold on myself when I passionately think something is going wrong and also knowing we are all just people here who tend to make mistakes now and then-> if I was there: you appologized, ok, move on   :D

If there is any general message in what you said, maybe put it down here or somewhere else in a 'calmer' version?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 09:16:40 AM »
Basically some members where rather vocally voicing dissatisfaction with the game, and I went from happily trying to play my really inane mood into the conversation to pretty much telling them to STFU and quit if they didnt like it so much.

I understand people get frustrated, however there's a limit to expressing that frustration in my mind, especially given the really good mood so many of us were in in /g lastnight - especially those of us trying T4 Open RVR for the first time and enjoying it. I went too far in expressing my displeasure at what was being said, and so this thread came about :)

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 09:17:11 AM »
I don't know if that was uncalled for. However, since you are the GM maybe you should have used tell but then someone else should have stood up and said something, nobody did. Shame on us not on you.

Wierd thing is I said something at the same exact time (didn't use quite as colourful language :p). My snapping point seems to be the same as Beo's lol.

Well I wasnt there, so no offense here. But knowing myself sometimes not keeping a hold on myself when I passionately think something is going wrong and also knowing we are all just people here who tend to make mistakes now and then-> if I was there: you appologized, ok, move on   :D

If there is any general message in what you said, maybe put it down here or somewhere else in a 'calmer' version?

General message for me would be : if you want to complain about something in /g, by all means do so, but not for an hour straight. That's gonna get on people's wicks.

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 09:22:34 AM »
Well in that case, I'm glad someone told them a bit harsher then, cause my 'subtle' manners to tell ppl to put a sock in it only seem to have a very temporary effect.

But I understand looking back at those harsh words, you wont be proud of it. As I've said, I have been there before.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 10:10:00 AM »
As one of the protagonists I also have to apologise - I was having a major sense of humour loss from too much scenario playing.  This game is giving me some of the best game play but also some of the most frustrating, I've been waiting for this game for ages, bought the CE, registered for beta ages ago etc etc. so I'm pretty invested in it, I'm constantly putting in feedback to the devs because I want this to be a great MMO, but sometimes it all gets a bit too personal, letting the petty little frustrations get to me.

I hope guild chat can be a place where we can vent amongst friends but long rants and whines that just bring people down are not right and so I'm sorry for that especially to the guys who were otherwise having a good time.  Anyway, I left the guild mostly in a huff - I want to see this game (and my Witch Hunter) through the whole arc and I would like to do that with you guys if you'll have me back.

In the immortal words of Ringo Starr : Peace and Love  :-\

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 10:20:59 AM »
Of course matey, we all have our bad days - Ive had a few with the game too - your frustration was understable.

As for vents in /g - yeah theres a place for them in chat - especially if its finding out if others have a solution/shared experience.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 11:32:31 AM by Beosvir »

Offline Angelor

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 10:22:46 AM »
Im glad something was said to be honest. This is a great guild but Ive been close to putting a couple of members on ignore as they constantly whine about their class or order generally.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 10:31:02 AM »
maybe we can have a pro's and con's of the game thread on the forums where ppl can really let rip.

then ppl who dont want to participate in such discussion can stay away from.

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 12:25:18 PM »
Anyway, I left the guild mostly in a huff - I want to see this game (and my Witch Hunter) through the whole arc and I would like to do that with you guys if you'll have me back.

Yay :-)

I'm on holiday today, so I'll be on most of the day - happy to invite =)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 12:35:37 PM »
awww i missed the HoJ soap opera...
Just my luck.  Can you guys have a re-run for me sometime later this week so i can sit and giggle (and take notes for future piss taking).

Pleaaaaase  ;D
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 12:52:53 PM »
Anyway, I left the guild mostly in a huff - I want to see this game (and my Witch Hunter) through the whole arc and I would like to do that with you guys if you'll have me back.

Yay :-)

I'm on holiday today, so I'll be on most of the day - happy to invite =)

You work less than I do. You must have a forgiving boss :D

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 01:25:36 PM »
Im glad something was said to be honest. This is a great guild but Ive been close to putting a couple of members on ignore as they constantly whine about their class or order generally.
I got so fed up with whining once that I have actually done so one time. Unfortunately ignore didnt include guild chat at that time  :-\