Author Topic: Standard Tactics  (Read 4528 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Standard Tactics
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 10:21:29 PM »
Meant to say once a tactic is purchased with a tactic point (get them every level of the guild now), it cannot be changed for another from the list of purchasable tactics. A purchase is for life, not just for christmas.

The thing about changing tactics every 24hours is for removing slotted tactics from a standard and adding them back to our "bank" of purchased tactics. Think if you press G in game to open the guild window you should see a Standard tab and that has the currently owned tactics listed on it (as images).

As for tactics other than purchased ones, I haven't seen anything about these. Would hope there is some in somewhere/somehow, as the list of purchasable tactics seems very lack-lustre in some places.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 05:11:58 AM »
As we already have the two best tactics (Toughness and AP regen) I think the third tactics should be either Forceful Mending (increases critical heal chance by 2%) or Suppress Destruction (reduces the chance that you will suffer a critical hit by 2%), as they are the next strongest tactics in our situation.

Offline Pythias

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 09:58:15 AM »
I agree that heal crit is probably better than willpower. AMs can get some additional effects from heal crit (AP regen), dont know about other classes.

About magic damage taken - magus spells deal spirit and elemental damage, sorceress seems to have mostly corporeal and some spirit damage spells. Don't know their spell rotations but i would be curious if anyone has some breakdown?

Offline Peter

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 07:07:33 PM »
+2% crit heal certainly looks like an obvious candidate for third choice if the goal is to build around a "tough as nails" ethos. All order healing classes have access to several crit-based talents and some of them are decent.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 12:28:49 PM »
Did I notice right and we had on the standard a tactics to give +10% armour?

If that is true, I wonder why?

For casters this is of very little use. 10% on top of zero is pretty close to zero.

For tanks this is of very little use. Max armour reduction is 75%, and tanks should be pretty close to that.

The only ones, as far as I can see, benefitting from this tactics, is Warrior Priests and WhiteLions, who both have pretty nice armour but not too close to 75% (for example my WP has 62% AR, so with the tactics it would become about 68% AR).

What is more, armour offers no help vs spells.

As such, *if* I indeed see right, I would very much like to know what is the point I am missing here that would make this tactics even worth considering instead of for exapmple the vastly superior +crit heal or reduced chance to be critted -tactics?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2008, 04:53:28 PM »
What we have available is as I purchased them - what we have slotted is down to whomever has taken SB rights - usually myself or Vac - and is on a cooldown of 24hours per change.

Recently Ive started buying the more caster/heal type ones - but not yet begun to slot them.  Fully intend too slot them ofc (Without giving up AP regen and still mainting the 1 of each type of tactic - cant recall the exact types off the top of my head) as I want to see the benefits going to all.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 08:36:31 AM »
Right, there are not that many good choices for "blue" slot, but the one now slotted (Magic Avoidance) is for sure much more useful than the increased armour one (as it benefits all classes instead of just a couple) which seems to be the other choice we have for the slot :)

Offline Stephen

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2008, 11:12:56 AM »
Can you only have one tactic of each colour slotted?
Daethoron - Swordmaster
Thordir - Ironbreaker

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2008, 11:35:05 AM »
Can you only have one tactic of each colour slotted?

Yes which I only found about after I'd started purchasing lots of the green ones... :(