Author Topic: Starcraft II  (Read 4144 times)

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
Starcraft II
« on: July 28, 2010, 12:55:07 PM »
anyone?

I'm giving it a go

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Starcraft II
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 12:57:54 PM »
Not me at this time.

never really liked the first one tbh.  The Sp campaigns felt too generic and the MP too rushed, too tourneytastic.

While the new one's campaign seems ok storywise, I know afew guys who have completed it on 2nd to hardest already.  And I like long winded take forever campaigns.

However, let me know your impressions and such and if they demo it or release it on Steam I may give it a chuck.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 04:17:50 PM »
Blizzard releasing on Steam?
I wouldn't hold my breath. ;)
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 06:27:31 AM »
Don't expect to buy this and play it when your internet connection goes down... you need to activate the damn thing first before you can play offline!

Edit: Modem refused to start up after having been turned off during tonights thunderstorm. I gave up and called my isp support after 40 mins of power off/on and trying various things and they said they would send me a new modem. Just as i end the conversation and put down the phone i do a last power off and on and the damn modem instantly power up and works just fine!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 06:45:56 AM by Dlarah »

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 07:29:59 AM »
Don't expect to buy this and play it when your internet connection goes down... you need to activate the damn thing first before you can play offline!

Edit: Modem refused to start up after having been turned off during tonights thunderstorm. I gave up and called my isp support after 40 mins of power off/on and trying various things and they said they would send me a new modem. Just as i end the conversation and put down the phone i do a last power off and on and the damn modem instantly power up and works just fine!

You mean you have to verify every time or just the first one?

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 08:53:31 AM »
Only first time I think. Still annoying me as I often install games like this to play when internet connection fails.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 09:08:05 AM »
Only first time I think. Still annoying me as I often install games like this to play when internet connection fails.

Even more of a reason to not buy it then.  Activation is bs (I dont mind on steam, but thats the nature of that program and its built in, also offline mode ftw!).
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 04:27:20 PM »
Tested it out and it seems you need to log in with a battlenet account and create a character, then you can play offline.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 05:14:44 PM »
I've played starcraft for hundreds of hours and after seeing some gameplay vids of SC II, I've decided it doesnt add much, just some other units and new (worse tbh) graphics (oh, they're nicer and shineyer, but I liked the clear, simple graphics of SC I).
So won't buy it until it hits the €5-boxes in the dusty corner of the shops...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 09:56:37 PM »
Loved the campaign. Now to play trough sc1. :)