Author Topic: EVE Online Thread  (Read 50665 times)

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Re: EVE Online Thread
« Reply #180 on: December 05, 2008, 04:41:15 PM »
Are you all different races or are the player-created corporations pan-species? I assume the latter.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #181 on: December 05, 2008, 04:43:09 PM »
Are you all different races or are the player-created corporations pan-species? I assume the latter.

We are mainly Caldari.  However when I setup the corp I trained my CEO character into Ethnic Relations, so that an increasing number of the corp could be other races (He is Minmatar for example).
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 05, 2008, 04:50:34 PM »
And, er, *cough*, what's the size of the initial download? Just, like, y'know, out of curiosity.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #183 on: December 05, 2008, 04:53:10 PM »
And, er, *cough*, what's the size of the initial download? Just, like, y'know, out of curiosity.

Classic client (less shiney graphics, but still nice enough) is 800mb tops;

Premium is 1.4gb at the most.

I have buddy invites available should anyone you know need a 21 day trial over the regular 14 days :)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 05, 2008, 05:03:20 PM »
Oi! Leave some free months for the rest of us, Beo! ;)
J/k boss  ::)
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 05, 2008, 05:03:28 PM »
Well, I shall keep that in mind while in Morocco over Christmas.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 06, 2008, 08:27:30 PM »
"Worlds Collide", what an intense mission. I hardly did breath during the ~1 hour it took, and my heart is still thumping.

I want more missions like this!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #187 on: December 06, 2008, 11:56:59 PM »
"Worlds Collide", what an intense mission. I hardly did breath during the ~1 hour it took, and my heart is still thumping.

It is fun and intense isnt it - most newer players tend to loathe it with a passion, but I like you loved it.  At level 4 its even more fun :)

Cant think of many others like it, although Blockade at L2 & L4 is a good one too.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 07, 2008, 06:02:51 AM »
It is fun and intense isnt it - most newer players tend to loathe it with a passion, but I like you loved it.  At level 4 its even more fun :)
Nearly lost my Merlin class frigate (which I took from corp hangar, as the Level 1 version can't be completed with anything else but a frigate) when I warped in first time. Hoooly crap, there were *many* blips, and *two* gates. Looking at all the blips on the screeen I felt my pants get wet. I read the mission briefing again, and noticed I don't have to kill all the stuff but can just warp through the gate, so I picked one of the gates and did head for it (after I had asked for advice on our channel and was told it doesn't prolly matter which gate I choose). Scrambled to the first gate through hellish fire (the pirates had had time to get uncomfortably close while I was hesitating), only to notice there are even more blips in the second pocket. Hesitating again for a moment, and armour began to take hits, warped the hell out to some random station (first one I hit in the list). After repairs, went back in, this time going as fast as I could for the first gate, destroyed a hostile ship in second pocket and warped out as I again was taking hits on the armour. After that I tried a new tactics, and it worked like a charm, it just took a looong time and there were some points were my shield got below 50%. I'll not tell the tactics if somebody wants to figure it out for themselves (it was for me the most fun part, trying to figure out how the heck can the mission be completed :) ), but I am happy to give advice if somebody wants that :). Afterwards went back in to loot and salvage, and my guesstimate is that the loot&salvage is worth 4-5 millions (plus the bounties on killed pirates were worth over a million) so quite profitable!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 07, 2008, 11:23:16 AM »
Worlds Collide = Kill everything reap the rewards ;) 

a good strategy (which is best to find out your own way) and a decent tank will see you through :)

I still remember my first one
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 07, 2008, 01:33:58 PM »
I think my computer is broken. When I launch any game (WAR, LOTRO, EVE) the computer freezes after a minute or so, and then re-boots by itself. This began on Thursday, I could still play after the reboot, but today the games freeze even after reboot :(

I wonder what the heck is wrong ???

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 07, 2008, 03:34:10 PM »
disable GFX card and use the onboard one see if it helps ( assuming you have a stand alone GFX that is)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 07, 2008, 04:14:29 PM »
Replaced the GFX card (7950GTX) with a spare one (7900GT) and now everything works smoothly. Thanks for the hint Caradir!  Of course the warranty time of the 7950GTX is over by a couple months, they are apparently planned to last two years...

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 10, 2008, 06:03:13 AM »
On coffee-break and I launched EveMon (you know, just in case I did something wrong last night). Nope, everything was ok. Except EveMon insists I have a balance of 16 million ISK, when I know for sure I have only 6 million. So I just had to load up the game (I am on coffee-break, so technically not working), and what do I see? Yup, Akamine has sent me 10 million ISK  :o  Silly you! But a BIG thanks anyway :)

Note for the curios mind: I believe I have stuff for some 10+ million ISK hoarded up, so I am not *exactly* as poor as it appears. I just haven't visited Jita the past few days :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2008, 01:30:38 PM »

Cant think of many others like it, although Blockade at L2 & L4 is a good one too.

Doing Blockade L2 atm, currently repairing the hull of my battlecruiser from below 50%   :o
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166