Author Topic: EVE Online Thread  (Read 50521 times)

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
Re: EVE Online Thread
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2008, 02:49:54 PM »
Errr.... 10M like in 10 million? Isn't that quite a lot?

From the newbie perspective, yes, it's enough to keep you going for a couple of weeks.
Look up the cost of the skill "Advanced Spaceship Command" or "Capital Ships".

Newbie alert: And where is XorX?

XorX is my main character. Take a look at your 'People & Places' and add me to your buddy list.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2008, 03:05:42 PM »
eek XorX is in goonfleet ;)

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2008, 03:14:59 PM »
eek XorX is in goonfleet ;)

GoonSwarm :-)

fofofofofo :-)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2008, 03:16:24 PM »
Ok, thanks Vac :)  I'll log in and add you then :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2008, 04:49:53 PM »
Ok, decided to make Safran Foer a triggerhappy pilot, so just spent 3M on books.

Still thinking to make a hauler alt, but if anyone else wants to fill that niche, be my guest. Getting Safran up and running is my priority to be honest.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2008, 05:51:54 PM »
i know form experiences Beos toon Thera has nice refining skills, plus flies a freighter to get stuff about ,and she also has some mining foreman ability (not sure if this has improved since she defected from me to Beo :)  )

and im sure other have nastier ships than my stealth tackler type ;)

She hasnt changed much, although is on path (40 days left) to become my 2nd Jump Freighter pilot.  May eventually move her into a Rorqual though  - although Achura learning command skills HURTS!
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2008, 05:53:55 PM »
Beo, mebbe time to make EVE-dedicated directory? Next to WAR and LOTRO I mean...

Although, wouldnt be HoJ of course... But it's convenient   :P

Shall be done soon. I'm also going to reconfigure my personal killboard so anyone with permission can post on it and link it in said section too :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2008, 05:56:05 PM »
She hasnt changed much, although is on path (40 days left) to become my 2nd Jump Freighter pilot.  May eventually move her into a Rorqual though  - although Achura learning command skills HURTS!

Orca? is it any good sure she has most of the skills for that :) just an idea ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2008, 06:04:04 PM »
I tried to start a discussion with Safran and Kumatachi, but I get a warning screen and get told I am not "whitelisted". Err, uhm?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2008, 06:04:49 PM »

Orca? is it any good sure she has most of the skills for that :) just an idea ;)

Ammik's flying one of those now, so I'd sooner have its low sec big bro in the family too.  Compression services to offer to the marketplace via a rorqual are always good and profitable from a quick bit of research :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2008, 06:06:42 PM »
I tried to start a discussion with Safran and Kumatachi, but I get a warning screen and get told I am not "whitelisted". Err, uhm?

They need to friendlist you or you get told that - and have to pay a fee to speak to them.

Or all of you just join EVE NEWBS channel and do it that way.

Go to the little image of two blokes talking on your Neocom (about 3/4's of the way down it) and then it should bring up a list of channels. Click the tab marked JOIN at the bottom and type EVE NEWBS into that box.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2008, 07:23:58 PM »
I'll add you to my Buddies Jere :)

Also for those thinking on EVE, let me buddy program you:

http://myeve.eve-online.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=2545&tid=1

The Buddy Program has been updated with new incentives for all parties involved. Players can now invite friends to EVE for an extended 21-day Trial, and for each trial user that becomes a subscriber, the person that invited them will get an extra 30 days of game time added to their account. Invite form and detailed information can be found on the Buddy Program page in Account Management.

» Each Active Subscription Account (trial accounts do not qualify for this promotion) can send Buddy Program invites.
  » Only accounts created through this emailed invite are valid for this offer. Be sure your friends use the invite to create their account in order for you to earn your game time when they subscribe to EVE Online.
  » Eligible subscription activations can be funded by any payment method except EVE Time Codes.
  » Trial accounts must subscribe within one week following the trial expiration to qualify for the promotion.
  » Please note that once your friend purchases an EVE Online subscription, your 30 free days may take up to 24 hours to be applied.
  » Buddies must activate their 21-day trial no later than December 1st.
  » Buddies must purchase a subscription to EVE online within 7 days of their trial expiring, in order for your free 30 days to be awarded.

Offer valid until December 1st. Don't miss out!

Remember trialee's can get 3 weeks if they get Buddy program invited (or get the trial via Steam) :)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2008, 09:23:47 PM »
Buddy program has been extended to 30 days hasn't it?

EVE NEWBS rocks! Join it. :D

Eve is much nicer with friendly feces faces around.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2008, 08:01:06 AM »
Thank's to XorX's money, I've been able to outfit my Merlin class frigate pretty well (I think). Altough I do not seem to be able to figure out what to place in the slots called "Hardpoint upgrades", any advice please?

Heard so many nice words about Salvaging last night, so I decided to go for it first. I've already succeeded to spend most of the money XorX sent, so I guess I need to earn some cash myself. And as I find mining dull beyond belief, I thought I'd try this thing called "ratting" and see how fast I can get my butt handed to me  ;D

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2008, 09:33:27 AM »
Altough I do not seem to be able to figure out what to place in the slots called "Hardpoint upgrades", any advice please?

You need to train "Jury Rigging" to 3 then the appropriate hardware rigging skill to use them. Rigs are *incredibly expensive* (20-30M per Rig often) so don't bother until you're fully min-maxing your ships.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 11:16:01 AM by vacuum »