Author Topic: EVE Online Thread  (Read 50507 times)

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
Re: EVE Online Thread
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2008, 01:49:40 PM »
Currently learning propulsion jamming 1, fitting a webifier and going to try again!

When this completes, you will now be able to do PVP as part of a fleet.

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2008, 02:35:51 PM »
Good news! I also found out I had an inactive Condor frigate hanging around in a space station somewhere....not sure if I dare take it out of the dock yet.... ;)
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2008, 02:45:20 PM »
Seems I rolled a Minmatar Brutor back in the day. Called Safran Foer (originality was on holiday that day).

Also seems I forgot everything, so have to relearn the lot. Think my plan was to go missionrunning/pvp and was heading to salvaging skill in the day. Hmm...

reorienting
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2008, 02:56:10 PM »
Good news! I also found out I had an inactive Condor frigate hanging around in a space station somewhere....not sure if I dare take it out of the dock yet.... ;)

Condors rock. I love my small collection of them. Used them as faster than shuttles, shuttles; Mission boats; Ninja salvage tools; Low sec delivery tools - before I really realised Low sec is quiet; hell I even did basic nano fits on them (without rigs I could squeeze 4km/s out of them :D)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2008, 03:17:58 PM »

Condors rock. I love my small collection of them. Used them as faster than shuttles, shuttles; Mission boats; Ninja salvage tools; Low sec delivery tools - before I really realised Low sec is quiet; hell I even did basic nano fits on them (without rigs I could squeeze 4km/s out of them :D)
Woosh. woosh. woosh. All over my head. Care to explain? ;)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2008, 03:25:47 PM »
"Nice ship. I used to fly one."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2008, 03:41:50 PM »
Ugh, almost lost my Trasher cause I just ficked up the targeting...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2008, 03:47:28 PM »
Ok, confused. The newbie guide is telling me I should usually refine my minerals, but according to market prices Veldspar sells at around 9ISK/piece, while Tritanium only goes for 3.6 or so. Now I think refining Veldspar will actually yield about twice the units of Tritanium, but it still looks like I'll lose money on it. Am I missing something? Or did I just stumble into the exception to the rule?

By the way, does everyone start with a frigate-type ship like the Condor? I'm not sure how I got the thing in the first place. :)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 03:49:28 PM by Gunnarr »
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2008, 03:53:45 PM »
Market dictates current prices (also your refining skills, station taxes etc also affect how much trit you get from veld and therefore your total when selling the refined Trit) - the new player guide (official one or one of those I linked?) is slightly out of date figures wise.

Tutorial has a 10 mission arc that gives ships, skill books and the like - thats probably how you got it.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2008, 04:36:55 PM »
refining skills are the answer , look at your wastage to see what your missing out on. If your planning on refining your own ores get refining and specific ore refining skills up and mission for your chosen factions who own the station as standing reduces tax they charge, and eventually you will get the "perfect" refine from any rocks you mine.

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2008, 04:59:54 PM »
So a refining alt would be profitable I guess? If you're mining or trading/buying ore that is....
And what would you do if you were a penniless newb like myself? Insure my condor and take her for a spin (for example to mine faster) or is the risk too great with my nonexisting skills and equipment?
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2008, 05:09:53 PM »
Since yo can fly condors, buy a Bantam (Caldari mining frigate)  30k should get the ship and fitting needed to make it a far better miner than the Condor (its small cargo hold is its downfall after all its a frigate) so id advise train to Badger (Caldari Frigate 3, Spaceship command 3 then Caldari Industrial 1) for hauling from your jetcan.

Thats how Thera started out on her mining ways and within a month or so (cant rightfully recall) was in a Hulk and making a nice profit on ores.

Or arrange a mining op with all us guys and we can share profits ;)

after all my Constantine cant mine shit but can fly a badger II.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2008, 05:26:16 PM »
after all, all wed need is as many miners as can make, suitable haulage for the rocks, a foreman to make it go better. Someone to protect us from belt rats and pesky player griefers. A nominated refiner and seller who then shares the cash amongst participants :)

sounds easy doesnt it.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2008, 05:38:14 PM »
Well, I think setting up something together in EVE would be cool, though today ample for time to actually find out shit, so just running some missions to get the hang of flying again.
Am afraid I´m in a whole different part of space though, maybe, being other race and all...

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2008, 05:43:58 PM »
after all, all wed need is as many miners as can make, suitable haulage for the rocks, a foreman to make it go better. Someone to protect us from belt rats and pesky player griefers. A nominated refiner and seller who then shares the cash amongst participants :)

sounds easy doesnt it.

I'm definitely in. I've changed my short-term plans/training to miner.
I guess one of you highbees can float a scary battleship nearby, and I guess one of you would have a refiner/market alt, so then there's just the hauler....what does the foreman do?

Pfft. Getting dizzy of all the new info about mining and mining lasers. Does any of you have experience and easy recommendations what to go for as far as the mining lasers go?
I bought me a Bantam at the other side of the universe (for 24k) but now I need to tool it up....
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 06:35:37 PM by Gunnarr »
Quoted for brilliance.