Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic (KOTOR MMO)  (Read 27818 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic (KOTOR MMO)
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2009, 04:43:01 PM »
is kotor any good i heard it was a little rushed and it shows?

1 is great if a little wierd at time, but overall is a good story, 2 is rushed and a touch unfinished.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2009, 04:46:36 PM »
play.co.uk have the game release as 27/11/09 hehe very much doubt it somehow.

also hope there is a closed beta and i get in but the way bioware does things makes me think they may do it in-house employees and family.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2009, 05:21:42 PM »
kotor  1and 2 are awesome games, not perfect but awesome all the same.

if youve played mass effect think 5x better than that, and that is one good game ;)

my favourite character in the kotor games is the deadpan psychotic assassin bot :D "Meatbag"
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2009, 07:03:13 AM »
HK-47 ftw. It was awesome, and a little weird, when they worked him into SWG :D

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2009, 11:48:05 AM »
just ordered kotor the first one to get me in a starwars mood.  :)

tried watching ep1 again got 30mins in and had to turn it off one of the worse scripts to a movie i have ever witnessed.

the only lines i remember from episode1-3 is *my young padawan learner* because it is used in every other line.

mee isa sooo sorry.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 12:22:07 PM by Keggi »

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2009, 04:30:55 PM »
if your interested in this game then sign up to the newsletter and forum one of the bioware people let slip that closed beta could be in the near future.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2009, 05:03:18 PM »
if your interested in this game then sign up to the newsletter and forum one of the bioware people let slip that closed beta could be in the near future.

Doing it nao!!!!

Thanks for the heads up.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2009, 09:50:18 AM »
http://www.mmogamer.com/06/11/2009/a-new-hope-for-mmos

Bloody awesome interview - allays my kotor with a chat box fears a little, but I still want to see more info forthcoming really.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2009, 11:30:40 AM »
Seems to me fromt he interview that encounters with quest npcs of great import will be "phased" in that you can speak with npc and such alone without loads of other players getting in the way, based on how far along a stroyline/quest you may be.

So instancing in a random way, but not in the way we all believe.

Just want more info now is all :S

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2009, 11:50:40 AM »
bioware are very tight lipped about everything it seems but things do leak from them now and again.

no official word on the jedi and sith classes but everybody knows they are in as playable.

no word on closed beta but a slip occured that said it was close(depends on the defenition of close) the community manager let slip it was soon somebody asked how soon is soon the reply was the near future lol.

Offline Gorphin

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2009, 12:15:56 PM »
sounds like its a role playing game, with single player action, and the only time you would see other people would be in the canteens and auction house, and generally around citys, but all quests are instanced to just you. Sounds dull.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2009, 12:57:24 PM »
my take on the quests from the interview is that you phase out of the game world and into a instanced world for class specific quests and that you can group for the other types of quests or thats what i hope.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 12:59:01 PM by Keggi »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2009, 03:15:49 PM »
New PC Gamer says Sith/Jedi are essentially WoW Rogues. They build up "action points" by using abilities and then fire off finishing moves. Some originality would've been nice, but I guess it might work out just fine. No word on whether or not they heal/tank.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2009, 03:20:12 PM »
id imagine Jedi can heal buff etc as that really goes with the lore, where as sith would use more damaging abilities, chokes, lightning whilst both can look after themselves with a saber, mind you they could use a skill tree system i suppose but meh i guess its a wait and see.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)