Author Topic: Music corner  (Read 108207 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Music corner
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2009, 06:07:18 PM »
wow, havent heard that song in a while! thanks for having me listen to that again, nice!  ;)

however, the fact that I haven't heard that song in a while should've hinted that the answer was wrong.
play the song again and try to sing along with the lines, but singing your own words, I know you can do it!

(so the hint is, it's not about the lyrics, it's about the melody!)

QUIZQUIZQUIZQUIZKUWIZZQUIZQUIZQUIZ!
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2009, 07:00:27 PM »
 :(

Little disappointed in your music knowledge...
Here is the answer
 ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zanYf6c-DpA
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2009, 07:01:17 PM »
Couldnt you have just rickrolled us ;)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2009, 08:03:30 PM »
:(

Little disappointed in your music knowledge...
Here is the answer
 ;)

your just hard to please
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2009, 09:09:39 PM »
"your" didnt include you, Garry baby  :-*

in fact you found the part I had to browse the comments of the Infinity vid for :)
Blue Hotel took me a half a day of letting the melody roll through my mind trying to find the words, getting closer and closer to the lyrics. My guess before blue hotel was green hotel  :D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2009, 05:52:49 PM »
Currently enjoying Rammstein again havent listened to them in a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4K6ZxDwi34

and a linky to their new video for "pussy" NSFW ;)

http://visit-x.net/rammstein/

*oops forgot link*
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 06:04:42 PM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2009, 03:37:17 PM »
this week its early 90's Political protest rockers rage against the machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkuOAY-S6OY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-58-36lSqG4

enjoy those awesome riffs.

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2009, 04:29:32 PM »
F**k you I won't do what you tell me!

Laters elv

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2009, 05:29:09 PM »
Thanks Garry, that was just what I needed, after a long and annoying day at work.  >:(
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2009, 05:33:17 PM »
Thanks Garry, that was just what I needed, after a long and annoying day at work.  >:(

?   huh   ???

a nice bit of rock always brightens my day.

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2009, 05:35:37 PM »
It did. The  >:( was for the rest of the day. :P
I just played both songs at volume 15. Starting a second go now. ;)
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2009, 05:39:32 PM »
It did. The  >:( was for the rest of the day. :P
I just played both songs at volume 15. Starting a second go now. ;)

glad to be of service then ;)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2009, 04:48:01 PM »
What a Shit day. Passport Office has "lost" my renewal app so have to do that again, Student Loans being there usual shit self at renewal time, and was on hold for 20 mins plus, listening to tinny canned electro pop, to Virgin media trying to get a MAC code to switch my BB to someone less shit.

so L7 sprung to mind, gott alove there angry songs. First one has been covered by one of Jons favourite bands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBLOXKWidJ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkNmhcy1LvY

and there much used song....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjKgiTzLPMs
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 04:51:26 PM by Caradir »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2009, 05:41:30 PM »
Prodigy do rock :)

VM still not sticking mac codes on thier gear? (Wanders off to check his latest modem via his router for his mac code :D)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2009, 07:03:15 PM »
Prodigy do rock :)

VM still not sticking mac codes on thier gear? (Wanders off to check his latest modem via his router for his mac code :D)

*slaps Jon*

Migration Authorisation Code, not Media Access Control you nitwit :P