Author Topic: Cataclysm Thread  (Read 38256 times)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 11:08:44 AM »
Also

Spoiler alert!

Say hi to Deathwing!

http://i43.tinypic.com/14skshw.jpg
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 11:15:18 AM »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2010, 03:34:22 PM »
That picture better have to be some sick joke. Seriously? Is he actually going to be some sort of Dragon/Robot hybrid with all that metal and stuff? Is he allied with the cylons or something? The model is awesome looking sure but all that metal...  :D

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 04:16:02 PM »
Actually, according to the warcraft novels, Deathwing is driven insane by the whisperings of the old gods (C'thun and friends) and has a small army of goblin smiths melt hot metal plates into his dragon scales (ouch!)

He then convinces the other dragon aspects to give up a piece of their power, crafts an item called the dragon soul, allowing him to control the other dragonflights, and uses it to wipe out most of the blue dragonflight (and drive Malygos insane in the process)

These overgrown lizards are pretty fragile of mind, come to think of it.  :D
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 04:19:03 PM »
Actually, according to the warcraft novels, Deathwing is driven insane by the whisperings of the old gods (C'thun and friends) and has a small army of goblin smiths melt hot metal plates into his dragon scales (ouch!)

He then convinces the other dragon aspects to give up a piece of their power, crafts an item called the dragon soul, allowing him to control the other dragonflights, and uses it to wipe out most of the blue dragonflight (and drive Malygos insane in the process)

These overgrown lizards are pretty fragile of mind, come to think of it.  :D

A possible 1000G*  says players will have to redeem DW not kill him (ie get him to x health then cutscene happens and Alexstrasza saves Dw... :D)

*If I start playing and survive the 'bads long enough to see the end of Cata!

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 04:27:11 PM »

These overgrown lizards are pretty fragile of mind, come to think of it.  :D

A possible 1000G*  says players will have to redeem DW not kill him (ie get him to x health then cutscene happens and Alexstrasza saves Dw... :D)

i can play another 5 years and i bet 1000G i wont see it

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 04:46:10 PM »

A possible 1000G*  says players will have to redeem DW not kill him (ie get him to x health then cutscene happens and Alexstrasza saves Dw... :D)

I lol'd IRL :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 04:52:20 PM »

me play or the end of DW?

Because do you really want to start a possible return to wow off for me, with 1000g?

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2010, 04:56:50 PM »
Ah it actually makes some sense to have him look like that after actually reading some lore on the guy.  :D

Dunno about redeeming him... They already had us kill Malygos and there is already a fight in ICC where you have to heal a dragon to full health to win the encounter so it wouldnt be new enough for a final badboy encounter. :)
10G on there being something about dont stand in the fire as part of the encounter...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2010, 04:58:37 PM »

10G on there being something about dont stand in the fire as part of the encounter...

Someone (a hunter most likely) would still stand in it.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2010, 05:01:23 PM »
Ah it actually makes some sense to have him look like that after actually reading some lore on the guy.  :D

Dunno about redeeming him... They already had us kill Malygos and there is already a fight in ICC where you have to heal a dragon to full health to win the encounter so it wouldnt be new enough for a final badboy encounter. :)

having only seen 4 bosses in ICC its more likely dont stand in the green shit :D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2010, 05:38:22 PM »

i got told not to stand, but jump, during a boss fight in the NExus so they like making you move ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 05:48:11 PM »

i got told not to stand, but jump, during a boss fight in the NExus so they like making you move ;)

nub mage tip of the day if you go to utgarde pinnacle last boss use blink

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 05:26:35 PM »
Too wierd, a green Desolace:

Offline Keggi