Author Topic: Courier contracts can be profitable  (Read 1303 times)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Courier contracts can be profitable
« on: November 14, 2010, 06:51:06 AM »
Quite amusing.
He accepted a contract with a 1bn collateral which had 64bn worth of megacyte in it :P

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1413094

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Courier contracts can be profitable
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 08:30:06 AM »
Nicely done.

Didnt know you could see what was being courier-ed. Interesting! (Although I guess the courier business will get some competition after this catch)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 08:31:29 AM »
Nicely done.

Didnt know you could see what was being courier-ed. Interesting! (Although I guess the courier business will get some competition after this catch)

Yup probably hehe

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 09:30:41 AM »
Nice - way to make some good cash!

never knew about courier contracts being viewable either - although, it doesnt surprise me.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 06:32:05 PM »
Read the thread all the way through again:

Regretfully we are forced to remove 42 billion ISK as well as 4,3 million units of megacyte you received when you failed a courier contract issued by JitaTradeGoddess. This mecacyte was created out of thin air by a duplication exploit. Due to the potentially game-breaking amout involved, we have no option but to take this action. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Turns out the megacyte was created via exploit and therefore all related isk and mega are removed.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 06:33:15 PM »
Haha :)
Wonder how the heck they did that duplication.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 06:33:21 PM »
Read the thread all the way through again:

Regretfully we are forced to remove 42 billion ISK as well as 4,3 million units of megacyte you received when you failed a courier contract issued by JitaTradeGoddess. This mecacyte was created out of thin air by a duplication exploit. Due to the potentially game-breaking amout involved, we have no option but to take this action. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Turns out the megacyte was created via exploit and therefore all related isk and mega are removed.

har har and i bet it was his boasting on the forums that made CCP look into it ;)

which is why i never spoke about any of my dodgy deals ;)  1 i used a different toon, one that ive never shared the name of with anyone and 2 i didnt boast /gloat about the suckers who fell for my dealings, except maybe to show of my nice ships i got ofc :D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 06:35:32 PM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)