Author Topic: HoJ numbers  (Read 10476 times)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
Re: HoJ numbers
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 09:45:12 AM »
My advice is to merge HoJ with another guild. As you know, us few folk in THF had to do that, and it has done us a world of good. Think about 5 of us moved over to Fatal Alliance, a decent size yet tightly knit mature guild. We always get regular op runs (sometimes 2 groups). Everyone is very friendly, and there is always players on mumble to chat to no matter what time of the day.

Seriously, get over the pride of representing a long time guild, search carefully and chose the right guild to house HoJ and take the plunge. You'll still have the forum to keep the HoJ core alive, but at the end of the day, when one of your most dedicated members wants to move home, something should be done.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 09:50:47 AM »
Dude Im not fighting it, its the best thing tbh.

I know I wont be going however as I have some serious issues with the way "end game" was realised, and the silly lack of group content as I level in swtor (heroics, fps and such all optional, and nothing else that required grouping on the way up.  They totally got it wrong on that, which doesnt help keep small groups happy) and as said 1 of the results is not knowing how much longer I'll play (lack of levelling variation for alt is an issue too and I wont pvp in such a game as well you all know why by now).

Obviously if you find a group that has an eve chapter then I may have to get them all to join RVB...
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 09:06:38 PM »
[I also see HoJ] more [...] as a touch stone for ebuddies and what not, along with trying to find stuff on steam we all play and that jazz. The core of the forums are literally the guys who have tried all sorts in the past to make this work, and a solid core is important, but a core that all share the same view of x or y game is good too - and that we dont :D

As far as MMOs go, the way things are going now with them in general, they have much faster lifecycles and low community retention - and even lack of ingame community - which was always a biggie in keeping this group together, but as tools like LFD, or easily soloable content get more and more popular due to various reasons (grown up mmoers who dont have xxxx hours to spend on stuff, newbie dumbshit mmoers who want it all now and so on) come along the reasons to be grouped in such games get fewer and fewer outside of raids/ops/whatever and then ofc F2P and all that nonsense[...]

Thx for writing down my thoughts for me, Jon (and Goaty earlier on).
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 10:08:01 PM »
Lazy git. :P

I mean to some extent sure. We secretly want to hold on to the HoJness. For some reason I think it'd be bad if we didn't care about that at all.
But I think the people posting in the forum are definitely open to merging or lacking that, joining another guild. It's good to discuss it properly first.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 06:16:30 AM »
Well I'm talking about HoJ in general, as Jon partly is, as I understand it.

HoJ in SWTOR: yeah, merging or w.e. might be the way to go. As we've seen in EVE with MAADI/BC, growing beyond a certain number of (active) players is real, real tough. But then, I'm one of the guys who dropped out of the game without (much of) a peep.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 08:54:21 PM »
also being in a HoJ guild somewhere and on the forum are 2 completely different things. As i have been in HoJ for what. 2 weeks some years back in EvE. and i still keep on bugging you on this forum.

So go have your fun in another guild just check the forum now and than to chat up with the buddies you (opposed to myself) played with a long time.

LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2012, 08:36:05 AM »
/agree