Author Topic: Guns & Ammo  (Read 967 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Guns & Ammo
« on: June 02, 2009, 08:41:10 AM »
General Q&A thread about guns and ammo.

Question: I can now use T2 guns (Small and Medium) for all races, what ammo should I look at?

Answers

Small Guns:

Artillery - RF EMP/PP/Fusion, Quake, Tremor
Autocannons - RF EMP/PP, Hail, Barrage
Blasters - CN/FN AM, Null
Beams - AN MF (ANy input from other laser users?)
Pulse - AN MF, Scorch
Railguns - CN/FN Thorium/Tungsten/Uranium, Spike if you want to do sniper work, or pick off tackle frigs at range.

Medium:

Artillery - RF EMP/PP/Fusion/Carb Lead, Tremor, Quake (under certain circumstances)
Autocannons - RF EMP/PP, Hail, Barrage
Blasters - CN/FN AM, Null
Beams - Pick a range, choose a respective colour, get damage
Pulse - AN MF, Scorch, Conflag for when your ass is to the wall.
Railguns - CN/FM AM/Uranium, Spike for sniping.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Guns & Ammo
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 09:14:17 AM »
Depends a lot of what you are shooting at doesn't it?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 09:16:20 AM »
Depends a lot of what you are shooting at doesn't it?

Yeah, but overall look at the above as your base ammo's, then if you need to tweak on a personal level or on what the fight is likely to dictate (having good enemy intel helps) :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 10:58:08 AM »
On Beam lasers Gleam is the t2 short range crystal while Aurora is what gives the best range.
I think using AN Multifreqs is probably better than using the t2 crystal Gleam for shorter range on beams as it seems to have about same dps but double the range. Aurora seems to beat all the other crystals on range while also having higher dps on that range.

For Pulse lasers i would use Conflag or AN Multies for short range depending on price as they are pretty close to eachothers. If cap is an issue Multies takes slightly less cap.
To get Range with pulses Scorch is the way to go. It get almost the range of Radio but deals dps as if it was something between Xray and Ultraviolet.

Being able to use Scorch was a big change for running missions with my amarr character as you can just use Scorch for everything and only switch to Conflag for those things that likes getting close(as long as guns can hit them that is). :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 11:15:04 AM »
T2 proj ammo: i'd just go for tremor (art) and barrage (AC) tbh, the negative range modifiers for hail and quake just suck big time (let alone the cap recharge penalties).

Personally i dont use Carbonized lead much. it has a nice range bonus, but the damage sucks. If you need the range, it can be handy, but you may also consider Nuclear: more explo damage, bit less range (140% vs. 160%). Personal taste applies

Depleted uranium and Proton suck.
Titanium sabbot can be nice for ratting, with lots of kinetic damage. For serpentis i use Phased Plasma though (and kinetic missiles)

I'd use Fusion for ACs too, as it busts armor like crazy.

Thanks for the useful topic though!
 :-X
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166