Author Topic: Muninn  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Muninn
« on: March 20, 2009, 12:36:04 PM »
The other Minmatar HAC I have been playing around with. With 1 more high- and one less mid-slot than the Vaga, this boat seems to be meant to do dps.

Here is my try:

More than double the EHP of the Vaga and fitted with tracking disruptor drones this boat should be able to gank well. Still not really satisfied with my tank though, but better tank can almost only be traded against worse dps...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Muninn
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 04:08:57 PM »
Seems a fair balance between tank and gank :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 04:44:26 PM »
Isn't the munin more of a arty platform??

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 05:22:40 PM »
Bonus the ship gets from HAC and Cruiser skills just say projectile, so either really, although the HAC bonus on the ship could be good for an arty platorm? (Tracking and Optimal bonuses)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 06:33:16 PM »
hmm, with a ganking ship i almost always think close range, hence the autocannons, havent really thought about arties yet.
I see the tracking as a means to enable me to do a close orbit and still hit the opponent. the tracking disruptor drones will help me to 'speed'tank without the raw speed (that the muni is missing).
for me an arty fit would need a MWD, to get and keep range of other ships. mebbe this fit would could do with an MWD too, for opposite reasons: closing the gap to targets fast

to be continued...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 11:55:32 AM »
I have been looking at an arty outfit for the Muninn
Apart from power and cpu problems, dps really goes down when fitting with artillery. From the 318 i have here, to 249. Loading the long range Tremor T2 ammo, it goes down to 179 dps (optimal >50+ though with 0 HAC skills atm). Loading Quake T2 ammo gets dps above 300 again, but slows ship down to 700ish m/s WITH mwd burning.

Fitted with Barage T2 ammo an AC fit will get an optimal of 4ish km with decent HAC skill. With a falloff of 14km, this will still mean decent dam at a fast orbit @ 7.5/10 km. (12ish% less dam @ 7.5 (290) and 25ish% less dam @ 10 (230/240))

So I will have to research how the ship handles in close-ish orbits and how the tracking keeps up (25% penalty for Barage ammo).

Considering how fun the setups will be to fly I still fancy the AC though.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 12:00:45 PM »
hmm, something i didnt consider was that an arty setup has no use for the TD drones, so it will able to fit one sentry drone