Author Topic: Roam: Cladari Low-sec (More chance of flashies)  (Read 2572 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Roam: Cladari Low-sec (More chance of flashies)
« on: February 11, 2009, 11:02:51 PM »
Friday. 630ish till late (I know I know night before Valentines day...) 

We'll roam through Caldari Lowsec (Citadel, Blackrise, Lonetrek, Forge etc) - as theres more chance of red flashies and less chance of hitting CVA gate camps to throw ourselves against (BS v our little ships...)

Its also closer to home for us all. 

One thing to note - due to Black Rise being home to the State Protectorate Militia (Caldari FW thing), we wont engage their guys unless they do us, so as not to ruin our Caldari State standings :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Re: Roam: Cladari Low-sec (More chance of flashies)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 11:42:02 PM »
as said ingame, i will prolly pass this one, taking saf into minnie space to up my standings there a bit, be back on sunday for the mission op
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 04:28:47 AM »
I'll join later, perhaps around 20:00 server time. Promised my oldest son we'll watch a Star Trek movie tonight together.

EDIT: Err.. Friday? Not today then? This happens when I don't get enough sleep... Yes, on Friday evening I am available :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 05:14:42 AM by Jarkko »

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 07:24:22 AM »
What is the last safe station on Friday night? I will be able to transfer stuff today, but not tomorrow really :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 08:52:29 AM »
What is the last safe station on Friday night? I will be able to transfer stuff today, but not tomorrow really :)

We'll be basing out of Anttiri s0 theres no worry on that :) 

And all the lowsec we'll go through is close to numerous hisec markets too if we do get stuck.

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 12:57:12 PM »
Ill have some of that  :-).. might not make the start time though as its also rugrat bath and bed time..

« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 11:52:59 AM by Macrune »
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 01:26:18 AM »
Too bad I missed the rest of the night, but looking at the killboard I didnt miss out on much  :-\
Bummer I lost my des to this frigat ( :-X), but it shows again the power of skills (me having only Des II and not the best tanking skills) and equip (wouldnt be surprised if he fit T2 stuff and I fitted cheap stuff). Also shows the danger of over-confidence  :-\
Was good to have lot of ppl joining! Hope we can do this on a regular basis!  :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 01:28:35 AM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Aethis

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 01:56:33 AM »
Too bad I missed the rest of the night, but looking at the killboard I didnt miss out on much  :-\
Bummer I lost my des to this frigat ( :-X), but it shows again the power of skills (me having only Des II and not the best tanking skills) and equip (wouldnt be surprised if he fit T2 stuff and I fitted cheap stuff). Also shows the danger of over-confidence  :-\
Was good to have lot of ppl joining! Hope we can do this on a regular basis!  :)

You missed us hunting this guy in an Ishkur for about an hour, he popped Hrod and someone else, Hrod didn't get podded though  :)
We didn't get him in the end but he did warp out and left 5 t2 drones behind  ;D

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 06:13:11 AM »

You missed us hunting this guy in an Ishkur for about an hour, he popped Hrod and someone else, Hrod didn't get podded though  :)
We didn't get him in the end but he did warp out and left 5 t2 drones behind  ;D

Hi  im someone else.  Pleased to make your aquaintence.. ;D
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 06:53:42 AM »
Found out it is pretty easy to guess where people warp if they don't have a safe-spot. Lesson: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SAFE-SPOTS. I found this guy 5-6 times just by looking at the direction where he warped. Missed him a couple times, but either my luck was very good or you don't have to be Nostradamus to guess where somebody warps. Look at the general direction (and if he is flashing red); stations no, jumpagates no, planets and asteroid belts yes. Also, a couple times I warped to the direction he warped, and if he wasn't there, turned 180 degress and warped to an asteroid belt past the location where I and he just warped from (so ended up *behind* the location where he warped from to start with) and *bingo* there he was.

Too bad my boat didn't have a scrambler then (bought a warp distorter for an extortional price from a local station, but didn't get a chance to use it as we moved on then) and that my boat was such a slow poke as it was :( The hunting was fun though, though I'd prefered to have an assault frigate for the task ;D

Other than that, I wasn't happy with my boat at all. The low range combined with a slow boat truly did suck. I guess I am starting to see the sanity in the words of Mangala and Constantine ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 08:50:38 AM »
Get and fit an MWD (train the skills if necessary).  Pulse it (switch it on, get the benefit of a cycle, switch it off before the cycle ends) and you;ll up your speed :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 11:08:24 AM »
i should put some builds for different ships together in EFT, so that if I have to build my ship in a hurry, I have an example and wont make ships that run out of cap in 30 secs  :D

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 11:26:35 AM »
If somebody initiates combat by opening fire - then they are flagged and will have the criminal timer - which means they will (and you should) generally avoid going near anything that has sentry guns (stations & gates).  In low-sec sentry guns generate around 250dps

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 11:29:33 AM »
We know this - which is why we sit at safes for 15minutes or roam from belt to belt everytime we get a red GCC :)

Although the crimial timer in lowsec only counts when you shot neutrals or yellows, flashies are fair game, as are people who aggressed first.

Offline Aethis

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 03:59:59 PM »
Hi  im someone else.  Pleased to make your aquaintence.. ;D

Sorry I couldn't remember your name  :-[