Author Topic: piracy guide  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
piracy guide
« on: February 13, 2009, 02:49:56 PM »
been wondering on the fora for a bit but couldn't quite discover a nice piracy guide.

Since piracy is close to pvp i thought it might be an interesting read for some people. Anyway i like the guide and like to share it. http://eve-stuff.co.uk/resources.php?a=piracy

Not all is about piracy as such but a lot of things can be used for pvp in general. like for example the ship fittings that can be found. I personally find the fittings usefull.

Well if someone else already posted this or you think this topic is of no use or should be moved. feel free to delete/move/whatever with this topic.

Bethor
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: piracy guide
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 02:53:35 PM »
Thanks for the link Bethor - very nice indeed, and from a cursory glance it does go beyond the subject matter it espouses with its advice especially on ships :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 03:12:01 PM »
Thanks! Excellent read about PvP!

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 08:22:37 AM »
also a few basic things you need to know when dooin pvp.

- Use faction ammo to shoot your enemy, hurts more. best is to use faction ammo just for that. When dooing missions use regular ammo
- When (not if :) your ship is about to be destroyed, select an object (planet or station preferably) in your system overview, and spam the warp to button. A pod will almost insta warp. You might have lost your ship, would be a waste to loose your implants also
- Rename your ship. So the enemy doesn't know what pilot is flying what ship. Give him as little info as possible
- If you visit a system often try to get save spots. The best save spots are 5 au away from any solar object (max scan range of a probe is 4). Beware though. the guy probing you might also have a save spot there and actually find you. If you have a cloak fitted you can just hide in a save spot within 4au of solar objects. It is best though not to use belts or planets to hide and cloak. The guy following you might decloak you if he warps in at the same distance.
- If you are scanning belts for enemies. You might want to use bookmarks to the belts (preferably 150+km away from the belt itself, takes time to make these bookmarks but they'll save your ass) Warp to these spots when scanning a belts instead of the belt itself.
- organise your bookmarks. Personally i make a map with the system i am in and put all bookmarks i make in that system in the one map. keeps it more organized.

will add more things when the come to mind. And if anyone thinks i missed some, please post them i might just not know them
former roommate.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 08:32:37 AM »
Thanks Bethor :)  I presume by map of bookmarks you actually mean a folder of bookmarks? (Asking because in Swedish and German "map" means folder, so might be the same in dutch too? )

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 11:05:07 AM »
aye, that's what he means i guess, cause 'map' means 'folder' for dutchies too, true   :)
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 11:19:39 AM »
If you're making bookmarks - try to make them from unusual warp in points.  Use the solar system map to look for something that's off the main plane for the system.
Generally people will make a bookmark from a gate to the planet or gate - so look for a planet that's off the plane and use that for a starting location.  Safe spot made using this approach are less likely to be found easily.

When making a bookmark for a belt or station - make the bookmark above or below it.  It'll give you distance and an edge.
When making multiple bookmarks around an object - make some more then 150km apart - this will allow you to warp to them and around the object again giving you distance and allowing you to escape but to remain on-grid.  The soloar system map can show you your bookmarks in space - it's a good way to plan out what you have and where to place others.

Some of the most important bookmarks are undocking bookmarks - these will help you instawarp when undocking.  They're pretty easy to make - just undock & double click in space infront of your ship.  Wait until you're 150+ km from the station and make the BM. 

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 04:57:08 PM »
remembered another golden rule for low sec. saved my ass ratting low sec multiple times

- Always stay aligned to an object (preferably with a bookmarked location so you cant be followed too easy.  If you are solo and someone enters the belt you are ratting presume he is hostile. if you think you can handle him (and he probably checked you before you have seen him) warp out
- Always check local in low sec. if something is happening people will probably talk about it. At least you can see who enters the system. People with low sec rating usually  are pirates. A group of people from the same corp usually a gang looking to do some pew pew. so get to your savespot

also map = folder and yes i'm Dutch :D
former roommate.