Author Topic: EVE court?  (Read 696 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
EVE court?
« on: May 15, 2010, 06:24:35 AM »
Capsuleer Opens Judiciary Service in New Providence
reported by: ISD Najax Lergazin | 2010.05.14 22:29:49

YWS0-Z, Providence - On 112.04.29, Chipmo of The Star Fraction announced on GALNET the foundation of his Civil Court of New Providence [CCCNP].

Chipmo's court will offer capsuleers a way to resolve disputes without resorting to violence. Initially based in Providence, it may eventually be extended to all of New Eden's pilots.

The court will operate with Chipmo as a monocratic justice. Clients will be allowed to hire attorneys and detectives to present their facts.

Doubts on the Court's method of operation have already been raised: "I can understand the hassle of organising an impartial jury to assist... [however], I do think to be completely 'fair' a monocratic court is not the way forward," said Grr, diplomat for Curatores Veritatis Alliance.

A case has already been filed with the Court and there has been some interest in Chipmo adjudicating another two disputes.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: EVE court?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 11:05:25 AM »
Lol Star Fraction.  Worse than RPers.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: EVE court?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 10:57:04 AM »
And by what laws will that court govern? Did I make those laws?
Hmm nah...
Sure in theory it would be a fun addition but well what laws and who is to enforce them?