Author Topic: building stuff for selling  (Read 2952 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
building stuff for selling
« on: May 16, 2009, 11:09:54 AM »
I've suggested buying minerals on market and making capital ships from them a few times, but it was always shot down for not being profitable.

Me being a stubborn SoaB, I did some calculations today. Not for cap stuff, but for T1 ships.
I think it has potential. Ofc, the profits wont be as high as mining our own stuff, but it is better than what we make atm: NOTHING.

I had only 10 mins before DT, but could do some calculations.

Mineral aquirement:
Isogen: 60 isk p/u
Megacyte: 3600
Mexa: 25
Nocxium: 100
Pyerite: 3.70
Trit: 4.20
Zydrine 1650

Hurricane:
Minerals: ~30M
Lowest sellprice on market: 40M
Profit: 33%

Rifter:
Minerals: ~175k
Lowest sellprice on market: 250k
Profit: 40%

Drake:
Minerals: 29M
Lowest sellprice on market: 32M
Profit: 10%

Griffin:
Minerals: 132k
Lowest sellprice on market: 1.5M
Profit: 1035%

Hornet I drone
Minerals: 2710
Lowest sellprice on market: 20k
Profit: 635%

Valkyrie I drone
Minerals: 16200
Lowest sellprice on market: 75k
Profit: 360%

Phased Plasma M ammo
Minerals: 34.7 p/u
Lowest sellprice on market: 100
Profit: 190%

EMP M ammo
Minerals: 31.1 p/u
Lowest sellprice on market: 54
Profit: 73%

Core scanner probe
Minerals: 1712
Lowest sellprice on market: 4000
Profit: 133%
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 09:23:15 AM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Re: building stuff for selling
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 11:13:47 AM »
All in all I think such profits are quite ok and deffo worth looking into.

Problems:
- We dont have all BPOs in 0.0 yet (e.g. drake, hurricane).
- We might need a trader to minimize trading losses. Anyone has one available that can do regular visits (JC) to fountain?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 12:10:27 PM »
Can always divert anna there. Not perfect skills but decent and can have shitloads of orders out.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 02:00:26 PM »
Ok, did some more calculations, also on some drones.
Seems the higher the turnover (more common, eg. drake) the lower the profit.

But IMHO it would still be worth it to set up some mineral buy orders (in the highest ranges, that's how i calculated stuff) and get some building going.
We can see how it goes, what sells and what doesnt, how hard the competition is on the selling plane (i know from experience, there is quite a bit of competition on the mineral buying side, but just overbidding others works, esp if you buy stuff in smaller batches (and not by cents, but just 5% over em or something)).

What I did when I set up my smallish mineral buying orders was buying only station wide (no hauling -> no trouble and no risk) and, like i said, overbidding all the orders in non-player owned stations. Player owned stations are far away and in general not accessible to renters.

With mining ops being at a low, Rub absent, and lot of ppl back in hi-sec, I think this is a good way to make some money. And ofc not as much as when we would mine/refine ourselves, but... get real.........

Which gets me thinking... we may look into ore-orders too. If we got refiners that is.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 02:15:16 PM »
Well anyway, I would like to give this a go and will use corp funds for this.
If anyone has big no-no feelings let me know here and I might reconsider.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 03:01:52 PM »
Go ahead imo.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 03:51:45 PM »
Problems:
- We dont have all BPOs in 0.0 yet (e.g. drake, hurricane).

and you aint getting them BPCs or nowt ;)

a trader really helps cut costs, and a profit is a profit no matter how you get it, me im gonna start mining and making stuff in high sec again for corp to start funds improving, now all i need is a high sec base to do research ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 09:48:01 PM »
?

we got KASEI, dont we?

concerning this i mean
now all i need is a high sec base to do research
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 10:53:01 PM by Warcold »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 06:56:06 AM »
Well anyway, I would like to give this a go and will use corp funds for this.
If anyone has big no-no feelings let me know here and I might reconsider.

Worth a try thats for sure :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 06:56:36 AM »
?

we got KASEI, dont we?

concerning this i mean

What he said :)

Kasei's slots (I said S L O T S) are available to be used in such enterprises as thats pretty much why it was created in the first place.  It's actually doing more than copying cap parts these days - copies of ship stuff, me and pe research on ships and items etc :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 07:03:15 AM by Mangala »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 07:27:54 AM »
Just an fyi to any buillder planning to build for corp profit - there is 25million trit, 11million pyerite, 3million mex, plus assorted smaller numbers of other minerals hanging about in Anttiri v-6 ;)

Please use them.  Mang can get us reduced sales fees in all caldari stations so she can sell on the corps behalf when it comes to hisec stuff (combination skills and standings).

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 08:40:09 AM »
?

we got KASEI, dont we?

concerning this i mean

Kaseis researchers are shit compared to Consts skills and has always been a moan of mine having no access to  S L O T S ;)

now if i have to work on my own standings and set up my own POS i shall
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2009, 08:55:10 AM »
hoo there cowboy...
cant mang arrange access for you?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, 09:01:14 AM »
hoo there cowboy...
cant mang arrange access for you?

Has to be in the corp or in an alliance with the corp, there isnt a way to give people personal tower access, which sucks :S

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 09:10:24 AM »
hmm, other way?
disband KASEI?

just a though...  :-X