Author Topic: Moria Question  (Read 8380 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Moria Question
« on: June 08, 2011, 10:10:51 PM »
A quick question for you LotRO buffs.

Kurtt is 56, and has been stuck in Moria for what seems like an eternity. Wheres the best place to be to level in at this level. I can't seem to find a decent set of 'go here, kill stuff, get xp, and continue' quests, and I feel like I've gorund to a halt progression wise.

Any ideas?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Moria Question
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 11:19:54 PM »
do as much of book 2 as you can then go to foundations of stone thats your level

just watch out for the elite trolls  ;) (unless they changed it since i was last there)

also if people are looking for a body in Grand Stair thats a good place. (captains in demand for first boss as well, fear removal stops wipes)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:22:14 PM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 08:23:51 AM »
Ive given up on Beo - also at 56.

Moria really brings out the hater in me - from giant bloody insects to the zerg like areas that dot it and what not...
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 12:12:10 PM »
Ive given up on Beo - also at 56.

Moria really brings out the hater in me - from giant bloody insects to the zerg like areas that dot it and what not...

It just seems so difficult to navigate, with no real sense of what I'm trying to achieve. WoW has spoiled me for questing it would seem.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 12:30:43 PM »
My main is nowhere near moria yet, or else we could go at it with 3. But first I'll have to PUG through ND, Forochel, Angmar etc.  :(
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 12:34:22 PM »
My main is nowhere near moria yet, or else we could go at it with 3. But first I'll have to PUG through ND, Forochel, Angmar etc.  :(

No need to pug anything game is VERY soloable until Moria when its still soloable just painful
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 01:59:09 PM »

No need to pug anything game is VERY soloable until Moria when its still soloable just painful

Well then I'm just a fool I guess, cause I can't solo much of the game. Even (group) quests that are < 5+ my level.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 02:31:16 PM »

Well then I'm just a fool I guess, cause I can't solo much of the game. Even (group) quests that are < 5+ my level.

Level 1 start SHire do all quests, then ered luin, do all quests, then move to Bree do all quests by teh time you finish in Bree youll be easily 25. ALternate between LL and ND as and when 1 area gets hard, Alternate between Evendim and Trollshaws whn 1 area gets 2 hard, MIsty MOuntains, Forochel or Angmar should get you easily above 50 (forochel is my favourite for its huge amount of leather, again you can alternate if 1 area is too hard), then head to Eregion and do that youll be about 54 before first setting foot in Moria (we wont do all quests here as Moria is horrible solo)  level up to 58 leave Moria and start in Lothlorien and whence done there head to Mirkwood for an easy level to 65 solo experience.

(you can ignore any group quests that you dont feel comfortably able to do solo (Particularly those in Dol Dinen in ND , and the troll ones in evendim) You wont need to do any instances either if you dont want to, any dailies you do will make everything easier. (35-40 is always a pain suck it up bitch)

Ooh and dont forget to do the story quests (books) they give good xp and sometimes good loots ( and are all soloable now)

I liked it when LOTRO was actually hard :S

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 02:36:06 PM »
also you could grind skirmishes instead of Moria if you like to avoid that place completely.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 03:43:55 PM »
As a level 40 Hunter, wheres the best place to go Next? Forochel or Angmar? If I sub up for a month, do I unlock all quest zones?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 04:20:09 PM »
As a level 40 Hunter, wheres the best place to go Next? Forochel or Angmar? If I sub up for a month, do I unlock all quest zones?

at 40 probably MIsty Mountains, and yes subbing unlocks all quest packs whilst sub is active

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 01:12:10 PM »
And I got out of Moria.

Bunch of quests in the Dimrill Dale are giving me access to sky again!

Its sooo shiny.

Only took me nearly 2 years.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 01:20:58 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 07:47:58 PM »
Gratz!  :)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 04:59:18 AM »
Grats :)

I did hate Mirkwood on my burglar, every second mob there have an aura that does a minimal DoT. Other classes won't likely even notice the miniscule dot, but it is enough to pop a burg out of stealth  :(

Evendim on the other hand was/is nice. Lots of space, sun is shining, hobbits with beard and boots, what else could a man ask for?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 10:28:56 AM »
Grats :)

I did hate Mirkwood on my burglar, every second mob there have an aura that does a minimal DoT. Other classes won't likely even notice the miniscule dot, but it is enough to pop a burg out of stealth  :(

Evendim on the other hand was/is nice. Lots of space, sun is shining, hobbits with beard and boots, what else could a man ask for?

always been a burg issue that one, get near any undead oops out of stealth