Author Topic: Thursday Steam night?  (Read 74780 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Thursday Steam night?
« Reply #210 on: May 24, 2011, 02:00:38 PM »
[ignoring the whiney part]
The best games are were other people are your opposition (and involve lots of thinkythinky) [snip]

Starcraft(I) anyone?  :D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #211 on: May 24, 2011, 02:43:32 PM »
[ignoring the whiney part]
The best games are were other people are your opposition (and involve lots of thinkythinky) [snip]

Starcraft(I) anyone?  :D

Lol, whiney part - its a post by me its all whiney :)

As for starcraft, im not in the business of giving blizzard any more money.  So wont happen, and if memory serves SC isnt really about thinkythinky its about being faster than the other guy at rushing to x fotm tech and pwning.

I think im just generally done with the majority of games, just seems that everything is so samey as something thats gone before, no real thought goes into stuff now - maybe with the exception of games with a sandbox feel to them or indie productions.  Anything with "levels" and what not, just doesnt grab me the way those things used too.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 02:55:33 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #212 on: May 24, 2011, 03:02:20 PM »
You know what I enjoy most in games lately - apart from the odd fun fight in EVE when reds are not being fags and staying docked - is driving around in Burnout Paradise and doing stupid stunts, I can literally play that game for hours and giggle like a kid all the while.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 24, 2011, 03:08:23 PM »
[snip] I [snip] giggle like a kid all the while.

We need vids!  :D

And nice contrast btw with this:
The best games are were other people are your opposition and involve lots of thinkythinky
:-*
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 24, 2011, 03:10:21 PM »
I think you have just entered your last stage of gaming.

GF ->  Marriage + Kids/Stationwagon/Golden Retriever incoming!!!!    :P

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #215 on: May 24, 2011, 03:13:05 PM »
Love you too :)

But yeah, burnout isnt the best game by far for thinky, but its the one holding my interest nearly as much as eve does - and despite hating on ccp alot, eve provides me with pvp, thinky and thinkypvp (in how to out fly/out fit the other guy).

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 24, 2011, 03:30:00 PM »
Love you too :)

But yeah, burnout isnt the best game by far for thinky, but its the one holding my interest nearly as much as eve does - and despite hating on ccp alot, eve provides me with pvp, thinky and thinkypvp (in how to out fly/out fit the other guy).

Heh, sorry, sometimes I just can't help myself.  ::)

But anyway, what time will we play? I'll try to be there @ 6, but might be a touch later, 6:30 max.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 03:32:12 PM by Warcold »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #217 on: May 24, 2011, 03:54:53 PM »
6-630 works for me.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 30, 2011, 03:12:57 PM »
So?  when?
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 30, 2011, 04:54:36 PM »
when you've washed the mud from under your foreskin and all the drugs left your system?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 30, 2011, 04:55:36 PM »
when you've washed the mud from under your foreskin and all the drugs left your system?

dont do drugs unless prescribed, but yeah the foreskin was wiffy :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 05, 2011, 10:58:42 AM »
tonight?

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 05, 2011, 01:59:30 PM »
if gf permits...
havent seen each other much this week

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 05, 2011, 04:38:48 PM »
gf permits

7 UK time?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 05, 2011, 04:53:22 PM »
gf permits

7 UK time?

well... no word from Jon so....