Author Topic: Thursday Steam night?  (Read 74971 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Thursday Steam night?
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2011, 11:49:34 PM »
used to play MP in NWN a lot,

only tried the original campaign in NWN2 ( i have owned it a while but bought it on steam at cheapo price for addons) and its not really MP friendly (pretty much like the campaigns in 1) not sure about the addons though. Id deffo be up for it as im a D&D geek ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2011, 05:08:57 AM »
also did NWN1 in MP a lot, but those were 'modded' servers that were 'permanent' (dont remember right expression for it), no clue if such servers are accessible through steam, but im sure such servers are around, given the community that existed back then
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2011, 11:53:58 AM »
also did NWN1 in MP a lot, but those were 'modded' servers that were 'permanent' (dont remember right expression for it), no clue if such servers are accessible through steam, but im sure such servers are around, given the community that existed back then

"persistent world"
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2011, 01:57:31 PM »
Turns out I dont have the bells and whistles ed of NWN2, just original NWN2.

May be easier for me to also buy from steam.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2011, 04:58:44 PM »

"persistent world"
thaaaat's the one!
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2011, 11:27:13 AM »

"persistent world"
thaaaat's the one!

just checked and there are a few dozen persistent worlds around.
oddly enough, lots of them are french, but there are others around. now to find a cool one.
if you (Jon) are up for it, would be cool if you'd buy the platinum from steam, yeah... 3's more fun than 2 :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2011, 11:28:36 AM »
will check out 'Legends of Arcadia' (PW action) today
mods autodownload, so that's cool

[edit]created a halfling rogue there, will look into the world in more detail later[/edit]
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 12:11:04 PM by Warcold »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2011, 12:16:03 PM »
Bought via Steam

Lets see how much of the 11.6Gb I get to DL today before VM fuck me over. (Ive been torrenting all morning so probably not much).

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2011, 02:34:22 PM »
All downloaded.

Seems someone can host games and stuff, so we can try the campaigns maybe in co-op. Im very rusty at NWN so persistent servers would be a bit beyond me.

Obviously if connecting becomes an issue then persistent world it is.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 02:37:57 PM by Mangala »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2011, 03:12:28 PM »
I've set up a game, just for testing.

Gamemode: Story
Servername: HoJ
pw: wibbit

I'll be afk off and on for a few hours, but available (and on TS) more reliably starting 1900 your time or so.
Will leave game running till then. If you got time to test, see if/what troubles you run into.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 03:17:28 PM by Warcold »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2011, 03:32:45 PM »
Jesus christ it uses gamespy.

Holy mother of god.

Also - cant join :(

Says you are behind a firewall or a network. 

Seriously why do they add games to steam and then not make them work with the steam method of connecting etc :(

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2011, 04:16:56 PM »
Also - cant join :(

Says you are behind a firewall or a network. 

great...
could you set up a game and just have it run for a bit? will test when i have time

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2011, 04:24:30 PM »
In the meantime I have set up another game and put hamachi on, to try if we can go through LAN?

However, I am not sure if I set the game up correctly for LAN play. I unticked the box 'post to the internet', but that could just be for direct connect. But didnt see any other option for LAN?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2011, 04:25:11 PM »
Will do in a while yes.

Will also reinstall Hamachi later too (it went bye bye when i updated to 64bit win 7).

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2011, 04:55:49 PM »
Try in NWN itself