Author Topic: Thursday Steam night?  (Read 74953 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Thursday Steam night?
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2011, 05:10:47 PM »
bumpity?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2011, 06:23:58 PM »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2011, 06:26:12 PM »
Not sure if I can yet - thats why I havent answered - waiting on a buddy to decide if he's coming round or not (hes slack at timekeeping).

If he doesnt then I may be on for something that isnt zombies.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 06:28:13 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2011, 07:08:56 PM »
ETW.

Campaign hosted by me.

hojgaming

same pass as ts.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2011, 07:51:46 PM »
ETW.

Campaign hosted by me.

hojgaming

same pass as ts.

Maybe not. Still cant get Saf to connect to me :(

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2011, 09:31:45 PM »
It's just stupid that games that you have to play through Steam still require you to forward ports etc. (which makes my internet go SQUISH)

What I was thinking though, can't you pull the same trick as with GreedCorp (invite me through steam to join the game?). Cant think of any other way atm  :-[

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2011, 09:38:30 PM »
GreedCorp

that game sucks so glad i pirated it played it deleted it and wont have to see it again.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2011, 09:49:50 PM »
It's just stupid that games that you have to play through Steam still require you to forward ports etc. (which makes my internet go SQUISH)

What I was thinking though, can't you pull the same trick as with GreedCorp (invite me through steam to join the game?). Cant think of any other way atm  :-[

I can try.

As for greedcorp garry - its kinda fun with actual people. Even if my strategy was "if I cant win, then i'll suicide" :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2011, 08:55:54 AM »
So I figured it may be the name I'm giving to the 'application' I forward the ports for, so I changed the ports for one of the pre-existing applications that are preset in my router and assigned that to my computer and stuff is still working......  ???
All that's left to do is test if ETW will run now...

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2011, 02:50:34 PM »
Update:

Gave my ISP a call and after initial raised eyebrows at my problem (modem/router disconnects to anything when I turn on uPnP) they suspected a faulty modem (according to forums the whole modem in general is faulty, but anyway...) and they will send me a new (different brand/model) modem, so yay... (anyway, hope I will finally be able to play games like ETW in MP with that one)

(Did you notice that I use ('s and )'s a lot (brackets they're called, right?)?)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2011, 05:48:14 PM »
Yes its brackets.

Fingers crossed the new one works out better - we shall have to test it :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2011, 10:33:04 PM »
Update:

Gave my ISP a call and after initial raised eyebrows at my problem (modem/router disconnects to anything when I turn on uPnP) they suspected a faulty modem (according to forums the whole modem in general is faulty, but anyway...) and they will send me a new (different brand/model) modem, so yay... (anyway, hope I will finally be able to play games like ETW in MP with that one)

(Did you notice that I use ('s and )'s a lot (brackets they're called, right?)?)
Thumbs up for my ISP for their fast service. Called them yesterday, new modem was in today! Because I was out drinking all day installation has to wait till tomorrow, but wow... they're fast!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2011, 10:22:41 AM »
Update:

Thumbs up for my ISP for their fast service. Called them yesterday, new modem was in today! Because I was out drinking all day installation has to wait till tomorrow, but wow... they're fast!
screw my ISP
screw my new modem
screw portforwarding

>:(

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2011, 12:09:35 PM »
Anyone got any clue?

Above is the client log, which I think tells me that the IP 192.168.2.1 is assigned to my computer.
Below is how I set the ports. My noob mind tells me this should work, but when I test it, it appears it doesnt work.
Am I wrong or am I fucked? (reading the forums, my ISP sucks for portforwarding as they screw over the modems they send to their clients)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2011, 12:33:10 PM »
That looks to be correct - its how I do on my router (not a modem, but works the same as far as portforwarding goes) pretty much.