Author Topic: Zombies (The Walking Dead)  (Read 17607 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Zombies (The Walking Dead)
« on: October 24, 2010, 04:47:18 PM »
http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/

Upcoming TV show - starts in the US on Saturday (Halloween) and the UK a few days later (on FX on Sky).  All about zombies - has a 28 days later feel to it, although they arent fast, just slow and mean.  But the show is ace so far (the first episode leaked and im an ebil pirate).

I totally recommend it. It has some thrills and some human side to it.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Zombies (The Walking Dead)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 08:45:57 PM »
I am yarring it up as we speak.

Skipping through it and it seems pretty decent and funny! I love slow zombies.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 10:57:11 PM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 08:16:05 PM »
Actually watched it. Bit slow in the beginning, but I really started feeling for the guy during the end of the episode. I love how it ended. 'Hey dumbass'. Lollarcakes.

I would so not be able to endure the stress of a zombie apocalypse.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 07:43:03 AM »
what day does this start on fx in the UK? read the first few graphic novels its a very good series and is a very popular ongoing comic.

laters elv

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 12:10:32 PM »
10pm on the 5th Nov is the UK premier on FX:

http://fxuk.com/shows/the-walking-dead

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 03:55:10 PM »
Show is awesome. Episode 2 was brilliant, even had a couple of L4D style moments. 

if you arent watching this - either when its on in your country (if it is) or by doing it yarrstyle then you are soooooo missing out.

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 06:44:41 PM »
yes very good you can usually rely on andrew simm he seems to pick good roles!

laters elv

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 07:04:24 PM »
watched the first episode.  havent seen any zombies yet. Just a load of extra's they seem to have bused in from Tilbury (Essex).

Its almost like being in ASDA's in Tilbury on a Saturday morning , picking up the bits of body from the friday night smash and grab that went wrong..  ::)

All that aside. A promising start. Im disappointed they opted for the standard 'wake up in hospital to find its all gone  to hell in a handcart' start. Thats already been done far to many times... (resident evil series anyone?).
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 07:12:02 PM »
watched first episode and like Mac i thought opening very unoriginal, special fx arent all that (tv budgets i guess)

loved the ending though made me chuckle.

also could be doing without the forthcoming love triangle, i sense anger and remorse ahead ;)

i wants waves of zombies and moar guns :D
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 10:58:04 PM »
Just watched episode 1 on catch-up TV.

Zombies and survival horror. I'm one of those weird people for whom neither have ever clicked. It's like steampunk. Zombies and zeppelins? Meh.

It's not badly done though and it does have its moments. Right at the end when he went around the corner and there was a very busy street right in front of him I did say "Yowwwwwwch." I'd be so wired on adrenalin though I'd be shooting off stupid funny responses at the guy on the radio.

The guy trying to make that decision at the end was very well portrayed, and I was impressed with the deputy sheriff walking through a beautiful green park on a bright sunny day, constrasted with the nastiness he was following and what he was obviously going to do when he got to the end.

also could be doing without the forthcoming love triangle, i sense anger and remorse ahead ;)

Indeed.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 12:06:25 PM »
Frank Darabont fired the entire writing staff after seeing some of the reactions to the limited 6 episode first season (which despite some shitty writing was good).  he is gonna write as is the walking deads author too, and freelancers will be brought in to do other stuff for them too.

http://warmingglow.uproxx.com/2010/12/the-entire-walking-dead-writing-staff-got-fired

Of course some will see this as a bad thing, but the guy below doesnt and I agree:

http://blastr.com/2010/12/why-dumping-walking-deads.php

Really hoping season 2 is much better on the writing front.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 04:13:20 PM »
I've been liking it so far. But if it'll get even better because of this, then I'm not complaining.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 05:42:41 PM »
if it worked for babylon 5 i dont see why it cant for walking dead.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 03:59:16 PM »

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 08:25:29 AM »
    EXCLUSIVE: This is a quite a bombshell -- I have learned that Frank Darabont, the creator, executive producer and director of AMC's smash hit The Walking Dead, is stepping down as showrunner of the series, which is now in production on its upcoming second season. The news is even more surprising given the fact that Darabont was on hand for Walking Dead's Comic-Con panel just this past Friday alongside fellow executive producers Robert Kirkman, on whose graphic novel the series is based, and Gale Anne Hurd and appeared excited about Season 2.

There is speculation that Darabont might be off the show completely, but I hear talks are still ongoing about him possibly staying on in some capacity. Darabont, who spent five years trying to get a TV version of the zombie saga off the ground and wrote and directed the AMC pilot, hails from the feature world, and I hear that he never quite adjusted to the daily grind of producing a TV series. Last December, he considered forgoing a writing staff for Season 2 and assigning scripts to freelancers but ultimately went for the traditional writing staff model recommended by the network and tapped Glen Mazzara as an executive producer and his No. 2. It is unclear if The Shield alum Mazzara, who has showrunning experience, would now step in to run Walking Dead.

I hear that the behind-the-scenes turmoil has not affected production on the show, which continues as scheduled. Season 2 of Walking Dead is slated to premiere Oct. 16. In addition to huge ratings, the series has garnered awards recognition for its freshman season, including a best drama series Golden Globe nomination as well as DGA and WGA noms. In a Deadline Emmy Q&A last month, Darabont raved about his transition to television. "In TV, you have to get ideas across in a more economical way," he said. "But the process is fundamentally the same (as features), just accelerated. There’s no time for second guessing.
source:
http://www.deadline.com/2...steps-down-as-showrunner/
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.