Author Topic: Free to play  (Read 30798 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Free to play
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2010, 09:48:03 PM »
best quote evr from recent dev chat

We took Radiance outside, tied it up to some railroad tracks, and...well...I think you saw the end of this in Red Dead Redemption. Look for this in the future - we will be removing Radiance from LOTRO.

....and there was much rejoicing. Seriously happy that that shit is going :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2010, 12:57:17 PM »
well laucher has a message on it saying it has been delayed so no 10th of september release for europe.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2010, 01:00:46 PM »
well laucher has a message on it saying it has been delayed so no 10th of september release for europe.

yup as usual Turbine deliver and release buggy patch, CM have always had the guts to delay release of patches until they are sorted, pity they are shit at keeping the community informed.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2010, 03:34:55 PM »
The US forums are now hideous. But still better than Codies.

That is all.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2010, 09:00:17 PM »

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2010, 12:19:54 PM »
Store only cosmetics

http://roll100.blogspot.com/2010/09/lotro-store-shopping-list.html

why hasnt WOW implemented a cosmetic system yet?

oh yeah blizz havent realised it works for Turbine yet ;)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2010, 01:12:32 PM »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2010, 03:20:11 PM »
Hi folks,

Following our announcement on Wednesday regarding the delay of Free-to-Play in Europe, we can now provide you with a further update as to its status. It’s not good news I’m afraid. We are currently anticipating a delay of more than a week, potentially launching around the end of the month, and are still not in a position where we are able to confirm an exact date.

As you know, we were tracking a launch date of 10th September and up until recently thought this was still achievable; however, due to some major obstacles this date is simply not possible. Many of you have asked for a detailed explanation as to why this has come to be and why there wasn’t very much notice of the delay. Regarding the implementation challenges we talked about, the good news is that our Store and new servers are just about ready to roll, barring some final, live stress testing that needs to be performed.

We understand this is disappointing for you, more so because of our lack of communication in the earlier part of the week coupled with the last minute bad news. As the situation was changing literally from hour to hour, we weren’t in a position to tell you anything with any stability to it.

As we work to bring Free-to-Play to launch here, all eligible players will still continue to accrue loyalty rewards as per the rewards table on the website. We’re also laying on a bunch of your favourite live events on all servers starting next week and we’re introducing a community competition to allow you to take out your frustration on us and win some great prizes in doing so. We know this won’t substitute for the new Store and Enedwaith, but maybe it will make things a little more fun for you as you wait. Look out for announcements on all of these things within the next few days.

As always, thanks for your support and patience and a particular thank you to all of you who took the time to send us personal messages, those were awesome and really appreciated!

i forsee more crying on CM forums after this post ;)  but id rather not have the buggy US release thanks ;)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2010, 04:28:39 PM »
Erm, I can login and play on Snowbourne and I don't have a sub...

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2010, 04:33:27 PM »
Erm, I can login and play on Snowbourne and I don't have a sub...

they activated welcome back week as consolation of delay ;)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2010, 05:00:03 PM »
It's hard to be the one to bring those messages, especially when you can't do anything about it. Obviously it's a late announcement, but the message itself is quite nicely done in my opinion.

Unlike the people behind Blood Bowl that kept blaming players for not being able to play online in the beginning instead of saying they coded a piece of crap.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2010, 06:54:00 PM »
http://lotro.mmorsel.com/p/tpfinder.html

Nice site that has loads of lotro related stuff on board, including this tool/guide to TP :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2010, 11:05:16 PM »
Im so glad CM delayed release, Turbines servers are screwed big style, laggy as fook, 70% data loss, queues for login due to them downgrading numbers due to above issues, seems its spreading to the established DDO servers as well :)

WTF have they done?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2010, 09:19:44 AM »
Queues for logins on some servers is apparently due to the 000's of euros trying out F2p US side (ie people who dont read the abhorrent codies pos forums).

Also I wonder how much of the server stuff is them underestimating how many people will want to play it f2p - after all its a big name as far as licenses go.

Then ofc the whole store thing is just nuts - i have read around the way that the store is 3rd party tech...