Author Topic: Arcane Alliance Incident  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Zigzags

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Arcane Alliance Incident
« on: April 15, 2009, 08:32:15 PM »
Had an incident in 4HS earlier......was sitting there ratting quietly.....when this guy comes out with:

[18:20:11] Leorite > Krunked and Zigzags
[18:20:16] Leorite > In the politest way, Fuck off
[18:20:25] Zigzags > ?
[18:20:29] Leorite > This constellation now belongs to ARcane Alliance and works in similar practise to Unicorn
[18:20:55] Zigzags > how did we get permission to set up a tower?

Now, according to the PL Renter's Agreement, I am in the right.  Until this document is changed or some PL/SOT person tells me to cease or leave?

Is this guy beating his chest or is this actually true that they "own" the whole constellation?  He had to be an ass about it because he couldn't wait for it to be posted on the PL site?

BTW none of this happened until seconds after a hauler spawn popped right in front of me, and after my last question he didnt say anything else

I didn't act rude or escalate the situation but all I know is I am following the posted PL renters agreement and every other unspoken/courtesy rule in space and am not really caring for getting talked to like this out of the blue for being a law abiding inhabitant, by an ally alliance member

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Arcane Alliance Incident
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 09:29:10 PM »
Not sure on the full details but Red did some behind the scenes work with Sons I think to get us tower rights there and mining access and so on. 

PM him on here and get his read on the situ, but you did well and acted right - and as you say he shut the heck up when asked about tower rights :D
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 06:23:44 AM »
There is nothing in the rental agreement on their website on it.
I would be seriously surprised if they restricted that constellation as well, only one with decent materials left for the "masses". Unless they intend to make unicorn unrestricted...

But of course needs to be checked up.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 11:40:11 AM »
I'll get in touch with the Arcane & SOT diplos and find out what the issue is.

We were given permission for the tower by SOT and they have sov - so Arcane can go blow themselves until something official changes.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 12:23:20 PM »
one issue might be whether we have permission to just mine there, or mine AND actively rat
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 12:32:20 PM »
one issue might be whether we have permission to just mine there, or mine AND actively rat

It isn't a restricted constellation according to the rental agreement. (even if we aren't "renters" we still have to respect the restricted constellations). Unicorn which the arcane guy refers to is the constellation where they have had sov3 for a while and for some reason have been restricted.

What I would find weird is that if they give arcane a second restricted const at the same time as arcane has lost 30% of their own members the last 2 months it not only restricts the rest of fountain severely but also would make it harder for arcane to defend the space they are supposed to defend.

edit: from the renters agreement
Due to the increase in SOV (seeing as people are taking sov so they can have their own private ratting systems) which is reducing the systems people are able to use the following change has been made. SOV does not grant the right to ask people to leave the system. There is NO owning any system outside the restricted constellations. What this means is first come first serve. If you are ratting in the system you may ask others to leave if you were there first. If you are ratting and they are there to MINE you can not ask them to leave. Share the systems.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 12:33:55 PM by peo »

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 12:35:46 PM »
It's probably some blow-hard - I'll track down Arcane's diplo later.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865