Author Topic: stealth armor plates  (Read 972 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
stealth armor plates
« on: October 12, 2009, 09:41:40 PM »
Came up with this idea, what do you think?

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1195814

I like to have some haulers nano-fitted. They carry less, but travel faster. Then I thought: 'Wouldnt it be cool to give haulers the option to effectively decrease sig-radius?' I discussed it a bit with a corp-mate of mine: should it be a mod? a rig? how would it work?

We came up with the following concept:
----
Create a rig that puts a special coating on your ship that makes it harder to lock it (like RL stealth planes have too iirc). The drawback of the rig would be that the armor is decreased - you take off some of your outer plates and replace em with the 'coated plates'. Drawback could decrease with skill in the significant rig.
Just like in my normal ships, where i trade out cargo(-mods) for agility and speed (nano-mods), here you will trade out cargo (rigs) for stealth (rigs) (in the case of industrials) -> poor man's blockade runner

Ofc, there is still the option to make it available only to industrials, but this might be hard to embed in the game-mechanics, so maybe just make it available to all ships.

What do you think? Does it have potential? Will it make some ships overpowered?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 09:48:56 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: stealth armor plates
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 06:16:24 PM »
As said it could be cool :)

Just would have to ensure they arent nanofibres or share properties of the lighter plates and such.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Re: stealth armor plates
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 12:14:49 AM »
well as proposed they wont influence agility, speed or armor in any positive way, so it will be a whole new concept.
atm implants are the only option to influence sig radius in a positive (i.e. negative) way.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166