Author Topic: Reverse Engineering  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Reverse Engineering
« on: January 17, 2012, 07:36:03 PM »
So you craft a green and RE to blue then to Purple, but get different results from different items. why?

Simply put There are 3 Blue titles for items that a green can RE into

Redoubt +defence
Critical   +critical
Overkill  +power

Then each Blue can further RE in to 5 (yes you read that right) different purples

Redoubt (+Defence)
     -Anti-Armor (+Defence, +Surge)
     -Exactitude (+Defence, +Accuracy)
     -General's (+Defence, +Presence)
     -Veracity (+Defence, +Shield)
     - missing prefix (+Defence, +Alacrity)

Critical (+Critical)
     -Endowment (+Critical, +Surge)
     -Fervor (+Critical, +Accuracy)
     -Leadership (+Critical, +Presence)
     -Supremacy (+Critical, +Alacrity)
-Tempest (+Critical, +Shield)

Overkill (+Power)
      -Commander (+Power, +Presence)
      - Expert (+Power, +Surge)
      - Hawkeye (+Power, +Accuracy)
      -Rampart (+Power, +Shield)
      -Vehemence (+Power, +Alacrity)

so that green schematic you have can be RE to 15 purples.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Reverse Engineering
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 07:40:29 PM »
The downside to RE, the bloody lottery you play everytime you do it...
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 08:11:20 PM »
Google Translate says no. What on earth are you going on about.

Greed + vendor = win!
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 09:42:01 PM »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 09:59:55 PM »
Or in other words: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=45866

uh oh seems my cornflakes just got shat on .......again! :P
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 10:08:38 PM »
If I ejaculate on a fresh bowl, will you eat them?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 06:07:07 AM »
Or in other words: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=45866

uh oh seems my cornflakes just got shat on .......again! :P

FU, that post was not to take the OP down. It's just that I found that page first, and this post later. So I put the linky here.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 02:45:51 PM »
Does RE work with mods from commendations / that you can strip out of custom gear from commendations?

As I found that after a certain point with my cyber at least, I seem to see better tanky mods/armour from commendations than I can make myself - despite keeping on top of crafting as best as I can.  And REing commendation mods/armours would possible give me plans for better stuff.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 02:55:45 PM »
Not according to the article I posted above (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=45866#what)
But I'll leave it to the elitist pricks around here to give you a correct answer.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 03:03:32 PM »
I thought that was the case, but wanted to find out.

I'll just keep refitting my gear with commendation items then and RE my own things to improve what I do get on the off chance, and so I can help out guildies who I may be able to craft good mods/armours for.

PS you sound mad ;)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 04:56:38 PM »
if its one you could normally make then yes you can learn improvements from re otherwise not

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 05:00:44 PM »
if its one you could normally make then yes you can learn improvements from re otherwise not

Makes sense also.

I'll keep blowing all the mats I have and see what I can do, even if 50minute crafts on some of the blues are depressing :)