Author Topic: Do We Want to Raid? (Operations)  (Read 4932 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Do We Want to Raid? (Operations)
« on: November 12, 2011, 03:20:06 AM »
OK, so I've been thinking about this for a while now. I really want to see all the content this game has to offer.

According to various Bioware sources, a raid/operation should take about 3 hours to complete. I can quite easily manage that at least once a week, without evoking the wrath of she who must be obeyed.

I'd love to do this on a casual basis, and try and avoid getting to seriously into it. Having said that, I haven't felt this keen to raid since TBC and the start of WotLK.

What are your thoughts? Do you see HoJ as a casual raiding guild, or is our player base to disparate?

(Thinking about this at 03:15 with a temperature and chest infection doesn't help really...)

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
Re: Do We Want to Raid? (Operations)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 08:00:58 AM »
aren't we a casual hardcore raiding guild splitter! happy to do a 3 hr instance once a week, seems reasonable.

laters elv

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 10:37:26 AM »
once a week is reasonable, with enough numbers maybe even 2 with people flipping in and out.

NO ELITISM

NO FUCKWITS

is all i ask ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 10:58:04 AM »

NO ELITISM

Wut? And spoil all my fun :D

Id be up for this however. Just a note, i have no patience for the obviously stupid, so as long as people arent stupid, we'll be okay :D
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 04:01:49 PM »
Bumping this.

As said I wish to, they seem pretty fun in this game. 

And from what I understand NO companions in Operations (is that right?) (at least in place of players), so no stupid "pet" issues - remember hunter pets doing stupid stuff in raids back in wow?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 04:04:58 PM »
No companions unless someone drops out then you have the option of using them to fill spaces.

As said previously as long as its stays friendly with no elitism or clique behaviour and not a 2nd job then its all good.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 04:05:35 PM »
I'm good to go.

I'll be ninjaing all the epic mods though. You have been warned! :P

Oh, and Kurtt will be tank specced.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »
you cant use companions in operations AFAIK.

I'll be levelling up my consular alt in HoJ, and would love to give raiding a go. If needed, i'll probably go as a healer. Not sure how we'll do on Empire side, just having a small guild with a few of us.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 04:10:16 PM »
Define raiding in the swtor sense?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 04:11:58 PM »
8 or 16 man raids. Same as usual, but more story driven id have guessed. Standard fare, beat bosses, get lewt. Ifits anything like the 4 man dungeons, we'll be in for a treat.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 04:13:34 PM »
8 or 16 man raids. Same as usual, but more story driven id have guessed. Standard fare, beat bosses, get lewt. Ifits anything like the 4 man dungeons, we'll be in for a treat.

I am really hoping for mass group story situations in Ops, would be a brilliant touch.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 04:15:22 PM »
Also, each raid member gets a bag 'o' loot from each of the last bosses I believe, making it easier to gear up.

Offline universal_kalle

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 04:39:53 PM »
And from what I understand NO companions in Operations (is that right?) (at least in place of players), so no stupid "pet" issues - remember hunter pets doing stupid stuff in raids back in wow?

Hunter pets doing stupid things? What are you on about? There are no stupid pets, only stupid players ^^
I was a masterpuller with my pet back in vanilla!

I wouldn't mind doing a bit of casual raiding. There are three difficulty levels; normal, hard and nightmare. From what I've understood normal is for the casuals and pretty easy. As long as people know their shit it should be pretty fun.
I was part of a hardcore raidingguild in WoW vanilla where we got like all server-firsts, but what really made it fun was the relaxed atmosphere where we talked smack on Vent a couple of hours every night. People trusted each other to know what to do that we didn't need to be super concentrated and yell at one other. It was simply relaxing. The WoW community moved away from that and that's when I lost all interest in raiding. I was even booted from a guild a year ago for "relaxing" to much on vent ;)
"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but ugly is there for everyone to see", Kevin Gilbert (1966-1996)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 04:41:12 PM »
we actively encouraged relaxing and singing (just not from me)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 04:42:07 PM »
we actively encouraged relaxing and singing (just not from me)

Getting people onto mumble from random systems in eve - or people my fleet is going to fight - and having them sing is always fun :)