Author Topic: NO Cross Server LFG for Launch  (Read 3088 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
NO Cross Server LFG for Launch
« on: November 11, 2011, 09:38:09 AM »
Had the following tweet off James Ohlen last night:

@JamesOhlen
@Dan_Halstead We won't have cross server LFG for ship. We want each shard to be its own community.

Pretty cool that we won't have to deal with LFG nubs. Check it out on his twitter stream for more info:

http://twitter.com/#!/JamesOhlen

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
Re: NO Cross Server LFG for Launch
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 10:18:11 AM »
That's pretty old news, not sure why he's just announcing it over twitter now.

I agree, Grim. One of the whole point of group play in MMOs is the interaction, not just playing together, but the whole social thing which often carries on after the dungeon. I thought the WoW LFG was just so cold. Bang heres a group...finish the dungeon...never see them again. Might aswell have been playing with NPCs

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 10:41:02 AM »
He wasn't announcing it as such, just replying to a message I'd sent him.

Nice to see it confirmed however. 

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 10:47:30 AM »
i just want to be able to invite people on my ship to do the Kessel run with me in 12 parsecs. Which would mean getting close to the Maw but im sure the views would be worth it. I wont be dumping any Hutts cargoes either.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 12:00:30 PM »
i just want to be able to invite people on my ship to do the Kessel run with me in 12 parsecs. Which would mean getting close to the Maw but im sure the views would be worth it. I wont be dumping any Hutts cargoes either.

We should have our hidden HoJ base located in the Maw. Having said that, then all our kids would go crazy due to an ancient, unseen, immeasurably powerful dark force presence controlling them...

Just sayin'.

#ExpandedUniverse

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 01:07:02 PM »
#ExpandedUniverse

ive read every Star wars novel ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 01:08:03 PM »
#ExpandedUniverse

How are you finding Fate of the Jedi?

I've just finished Ascension, and while it was good, I felt some major plot points got rushed a bit.

Thoughts?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 01:15:14 PM »
#ExpandedUniverse

How are you finding Fate of the Jedi?

I've just finished Ascension, and while it was good, I felt some major plot points got rushed a bit.

Thoughts?

to me it felt like "lets use stuff weve not used for a while", over all i think Fate of the Jedi isnt as good as previous efforts, dare i mention NJO as i enjoyed them (and they filled in a lot of reasoning behind The Emperors motivation in my mind) yet some Star Wars geeks detest them ;)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 02:07:24 PM »
I'm not a massive fan of NJO tbh, I felt it went on waaaay to long.

Just looking at the sheer volume of books on the shelf behind me seems to re-inforce the fact!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 02:12:45 PM »
I'm not a massive fan of NJO tbh, I felt it went on waaaay to long.

Just looking at the sheer volume of books on the shelf behind me seems to re-inforce the fact!

ahaha  thing about it is , i already guessed where it was going after reading Rogue planet :) it was too long however some nice stories in there. Plus it made the "evil" emperor not so evil he was only trying to have a strong force to fight the incoming Vong ;)

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 04:08:29 PM »
ahaha  thing about it is , i already guessed where it was going after reading Rogue planet :) it was too long however some nice stories in there. Plus it made the "evil" emperor not so evil he was only trying to have a strong force to fight the incoming Vong ;)

Wot?

If you are a Force user in the Star Wars universe and you choose the Dark Side, you're evil. None of this being evil for the sake of good rubbish. It breaks the core concept of the universe.

The Emperor is a power-hungry, paranoid, manipulative, sociopathic xenophobe. He has no redeeming qualities and is all the better a character for it.

You can be a flawed Jedi if it costs you. You can be a Sith with a certain code of honour if you say things like, "But next time we meet, Jedi, I will destroy you." You can go from the Dark Side to the Light if the moment of redemption is powerful enough (and boy was I annoyed with how many times that happened in KOTOR).

Smugglers and bounty hunters are the shades of grey characters in the Star Wars universe, and even they are one or the other.

.. Am I overreacting to that comment?
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 05:02:20 PM »

Wot?

If you are a Force user in the Star Wars universe and you choose the Dark Side, you're evil. None of this being evil for the sake of good rubbish. It breaks the core concept of the universe.

The Emperor is a power-hungry, paranoid, manipulative, sociopathic xenophobe. He has no redeeming qualities and is all the better a character for it.

You can be a flawed Jedi if it costs you. You can be a Sith with a certain code of honour if you say things like, "But next time we meet, Jedi, I will destroy you." You can go from the Dark Side to the Light if the moment of redemption is powerful enough (and boy was I annoyed with how many times that happened in KOTOR).

Smugglers and bounty hunters are the shades of grey characters in the Star Wars universe, and even they are one or the other.

.. Am I overreacting to that comment?

I hear ya Taith. I don't subscribe to the 'greater good' theory either.

Look where that got Darth Cadeus...

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 05:19:36 PM »
seems im the only one playing this game because it has big lighty up sticks in it. ::)