Author Topic: "Good", "Evil" or Grey?  (Read 4448 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
"Good", "Evil" or Grey?
« on: November 09, 2011, 09:16:30 AM »
How are you gonna play your characters?

"Good", "evil" or grey?  In so far as the game allows us to play a sith as good, and a  jedi as evil etc (ps hardcoded factions is soooo yawn, when you consider how light/dark worked in the kotor series).

Me, as grey as bloody possible :D
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: "Good", "Evil" or Grey?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 09:30:51 AM »
Light side for me, all the way. Plus, it reflects how I am in RL anyway.

Plus, there'll be so many 'derp I has yellow eyez0rs!!1!' anyway, I can imagine it'll be fairly unique!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 09:44:01 AM »

"Good", "evil" or grey?  In so far as the game allows us to play a sith as good, and a  jedi as evil etc (ps hardcoded factions is soooo yawn, when you consider how light/dark worked in the kotor series).

think "best" option is to go full good or ebil as companions will reflect on what you do and as such ability at crafting will be affected.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 09:56:04 AM »

"Good", "evil" or grey?  In so far as the game allows us to play a sith as good, and a  jedi as evil etc (ps hardcoded factions is soooo yawn, when you consider how light/dark worked in the kotor series).

think "best" option is to go full good or ebil as companions will reflect on what you do and as such ability at crafting will be affected.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING :D

Seriously, I fully intend to be as neutral as possible, like switzerland.  The devs have to have made allowances for this, as not everything was dark or light in the SW universe, so many shades between them that grey has to be valid.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 10:42:18 AM »

"Good", "evil" or grey?  In so far as the game allows us to play a sith as good, and a  jedi as evil etc (ps hardcoded factions is soooo yawn, when you consider how light/dark worked in the kotor series).

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING :D

Seriously, I fully intend to be as neutral as possible, like switzerland.  The devs have to have made allowances for this, as not everything was dark or light in the SW universe, so many shades between them that grey has to be valid.

so your going to be one of those annoying mofo Jedi there is no light or dark only the potentium. :P
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 10:43:39 AM »
Lol, Im going Trooper.  There is only life and death in the case of a soldier.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 11:04:47 AM »
Just on this issue, at the recent fan summit this week, James Ohlen commented that grey or neutral gear won't be in for launch, but alludes to the fact that it's coming.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 11:23:16 AM »
Just on this issue, at the recent fan summit this week, James Ohlen commented that grey or neutral gear won't be in for launch, but alludes to the fact that it's coming.

I can kinda live with that.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 11:32:31 AM »
If it's a choice between saving the girl, or taking all her credits and sticking her in a blender...i'd go evil every time  ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 11:37:02 AM »
If it's a choice between saving the girl, or taking all her credits and sticking her in a blender...i'd go evil every time  ;)

You forgot to stick it in her pooper.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 11:38:01 AM »

You forgot to stick it in her pooper.

not all girls like that. Just sayin'.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 11:50:42 AM »
given the situation, I suppose she'd have no choice. Chers for the tip, Jon

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 01:30:18 PM »
One day, just one day, a topic on our forum won't plummet into the depths of the gutter!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 01:33:24 PM »
One day, just one day, a topic on our forum won't plummet into the depths of the gutter!

not as long as im alive ;)

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 01:59:23 PM »
perhaps you should lock a topic right after starting it, if you start it it MIGHT just happen
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.