Author Topic: Beware of the medium range BS bullcrap real likes  (Read 1522 times)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Beware of the medium range BS bullcrap real likes
« on: May 20, 2010, 06:44:15 PM »
Well a bit late but still.
http://republicalliance.killmail.org//?a=kill_related&kll_id=6645622

4 kills: 2 drakes, 1 purifier and 1 stiletto
17 deaths: 9 battleships, 2 arazus, 1 harby, 2 vexors and a bunch of pods.  (there should be some logistics deaths in there I think)

Basically we were in a "RRBS" gang but not a sniper gang nor a short range gang but a medium range gang.

We picked the system to fight in. In M-M at the bloody gate. So we had 40 battleships with RR sitting at that gate trying to shoot mostly drakes with plenty of logistics support. They killed with impunity as the targets evaporated before we had a chance to lock and rep and of course we couldn't hit worth shit.
Or maybe that was me, dunno in either case the fuckup was immense and my opinion is that it was from using "medium range" which mean being able to hit to at least 60km (virtually impossible with any kind of dps with both blasters and autocannons) so for me it was arties with short range ammo but at point-blank range the sig radius/tracking meant no damage.

So beware of the medium range fleets. They are niether here nor there so they have no advantage over anyone and only disadvantages.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Beware of the medium range BS bullcrap real likes
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 12:03:53 AM »
Drakes with logi support are filthy - RE-AL should have known better.  Hell drakes is the next GN and we are most likely running with loggis and dictors there too.

Stupid to do RRBS at that range as you say, go to the extremes never the middle...
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 04:51:22 AM »
Drakes with logi support are filthy - RE-AL should have known better.  Hell drakes is the next GN and we are most likely running with loggis and dictors there too.

Stupid to do RRBS at that range as you say, go to the extremes never the middle...
Especially without tackling/TP to get sigradius up and speed down for the drakes.
Well at least I won't be using a arty pest the next time :P I'd rather do damage than be a sitting duck.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 07:58:54 AM »
always fit AC. even when you dont do damage, you will at least be on the kb  :D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 06:22:44 AM »
always fit AC. even when you dont do damage, you will at least be on the kb  :D

Ooo nice tip - since im able to fly quite a variety of minnie stuff now. (yet to learn minnie bs, but that should start this coming week or so.)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 09:14:00 AM »
well, any short range will do :)

but if I was asked to go for 30-40k range, I wouldnt fit a BS but a BC, so agree with Hrod this is strange. But I've flown several times with them now and was never asked to fit for this range. I am actually quite satisfied with their fleets, although they tend to hold back a bit too much, I'd like to see them do more roams etc.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 09:19:31 AM »
If they wanted me in a mid range BS, id go Rokh with plenty of CN Anti = raep :D  Minimum is 30ish and it throws out shitloads of dps. 

Anything closer and i'll jump in a mega with T2 blaster ammo.  or Apoc with scorch

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 10:32:40 AM »
If they wanted me in a mid range BS, id go Rokh with plenty of CN Anti = raep :D  Minimum is 30ish and it throws out shitloads of dps. 

Anything closer and i'll jump in a mega with T2 blaster ammo.  or Apoc with scorch

Always armor :P