Author Topic: What EA said to investors recently.  (Read 4833 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
What EA said to investors recently.
« on: March 06, 2012, 11:27:27 AM »
http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ERTS/1620647435x0x540332/dab48832-e802-4c78-9fe8-91a3bd6180a2/ERTS_Q3FY12_Transcript.pdf

That is a really good read. So SWTOR sold more than what they expected,just over 2 million copies.  As of Feb 1st There were 1.7 million active subscribers so attrition of about 300k subs in around the first month. And how funny that almost every question from the analysts was to address SWTOR. It's pretty funny to read a Goldman Sachs analyst asking how EA sees the trajectory of SWTOR subs playing out over the next 12 months and EA responding that there are MANY trajectories SWTOR could take in terms of overall sub retention.

*my numbers may be off slightly as its early and reading is hard.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: What EA said to investors recently.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 11:59:51 AM »
Apparently they need 500k subs to remain profitable. I expect that they'll definitely manage that considering the large SW fanbase.

*removed old link because link was old*

Regardless, I'm desperately looking forward to Jesus patch. -_-
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:19:28 PM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 12:07:35 PM »
noticable to me was the talk of loss of one of their "main European partners" due to bad debt and would cause a small loss in sales.

Game is done  i think
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 01:50:29 PM »
What is this I keep hearing about Game? What happened to them?
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 02:24:03 PM »
What is this I keep hearing about Game? What happened to them?

They had to pull Mass Effect 3 and any future EA game from their site and for sale due to EA basically telling them they owe them too much already and would have to pay in advance BEFORE EA shipped them stock.

Game are basically failing, they were saved last minute from administration and are basically on their last gasp at survival.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 03:51:31 PM »
So what's up with Ilum now. That whole running around the entire map thing was doing my head in and I left at around 60 kills for weekly.
What's the link between Ilum kills and warzones?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 04:35:23 PM »
They had to pull Mass Effect 3 and any future EA game from their site and for sale due to EA basically telling them they owe them too much already and would have to pay in advance BEFORE EA shipped them stock.

Game are basically failing, they were saved last minute from administration and are basically on their last gasp at survival.

I see. Well, my last customer experience with them was hardly positive. I wouldn't even have used them if it hadn't been so close to Christmas.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Yyan

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 10:13:03 AM »
So what's up with Ilum now. That whole running around the entire map thing was doing my head in and I left at around 60 kills for weekly.
What's the link between Ilum kills and warzones?

Warzones now contribute to the Illum Daily / Weekly Missions.

Each Warzone played now contributes 3 Kills / Armaments to the total. :)