Author Topic: MN5 office  (Read 2615 times)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
MN5 office
« on: March 24, 2010, 07:07:52 AM »
The MN5 office is expensive, 22m/month.
This together with the kasrasi office going up to 16m/month makes our office prices high. So I suggest we close the mn5 office down and get a more usefull office in for example Hoth (low sec derelik, 50% refinery+factory) so we have a place to base capitals and build caps if we feel like it in Derelik. (hoth isn't good either... 68m/month)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 07:17:38 AM by peo »

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: MN5 office
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 08:13:49 AM »
Is Hoth being used by people alot? Are the moons you are looking at for POS within easy jump range of it?
and last silly question. When you refer to Hoth are you talking about Hothomouh in Derelik?

If the answer to all the above is yes then i say go for it. better to pay 46 mill per month (68 - 22 for the MN5 office we would give up) than to pay 22 mill a month for an office we don't use. And as you rightly say we can build and base caps there as well.
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 08:54:25 AM »
With a stop in bimener it is.

I'm going to look a bit at other stations as well that have factory and refining as 68m for a office is to steep. Only problem might be to haul minerals there to build stuff (the minerals we might lack) as Hoth borders highsec.
But that can be fixed by moving them to bimener and jumping them the rest of the way (wonder if minerals can be placed in the ore hold... must try that... meh wasn't possible :( ) to whatever station we find.
Another option would ofc be to find a station without factory and anchor a pos in the same system to build stuff in but feels like a lot of extra work and it is cheaper to just build in stations.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 09:07:46 AM »
jesus that jumped up alot.  close it (stop paying or whatever :D).

no cheaper stations in derelik lowsec than hoth?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 09:24:42 AM »
*= confused now*

so will kasrasi be closed too?

and do we still have corp assets in MN5?
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Ferrosol

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 09:46:47 AM »
*= confused now*

I think we still have a few cap parts stuck in the office there. Was looking through the corp assets last night (it was a long trip and I was bored) and I am sure there were at least some cap parts
Eve Online: Sybil Tanitha
Eve Online Jennifer Ammant

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 09:47:11 AM »
No we keep kasrasi but close mn5. I'm trying to sell the assets that are there (anna has a JC in mn5 so not a problem really)

I've been scouting some decent locations in derelik lowsec.
Remember these are primarily for basing capitals and building capitals.

Two examples are Dysa (http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/Dysa) and Uzistoon (http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/Uzistoon).

Dysa has one ammatar fleet station with 50% refinery and factory, costs about 8m/month.
Uzistoon has two fleet and one thukker station, both fleet has 50% refineries and factories, the thukker one has a 30% refinery, but also has a cloning and research/invention. (the thukker isn't as interesting for this but a cloning station isn't bad to have close by). The fleet stations both cost 10k/month.

Dysa has some lvl4 q20 agents.
Uzistoon has some lvl3, a storyline and lvl5 agent. (for ammatar fleet)

Dysa has some connectivity to highsec, two low sec jumps (abha and arena) which makes it possible to pass with a freighter given scouts and webifier trick.
Uzis is 7-8 jumps of which at least one is through a station system so not a recommended run, would mean that we have to jump in whatever resources we might lack. There is another route as well which would be 4 jumps in low sec and two of those are station systems, so given enough scouts and such possible perhaps.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 09:48:01 AM »
*= confused now*

I think we still have a few cap parts stuck in the office there. Was looking through the corp assets last night (it was a long trip and I was bored) and I am sure there were at least some cap parts

No just some pos components and a bit of pos fuel,

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 09:53:26 AM »
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 10:04:13 AM »
How about http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/Hasateem

I'll check that out as well.

Requires one extra jump to get into deep gw though.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 11:57:15 AM »
Hasateem has lots of offices and such, the stations seem to be "ejection" stations (I'm not 100% on this) you seem to end up far outside of the docking zone when undocking.

edit:
The ones in uzistoon seems to not eject you outside of docking radius. This is ofc only tested with a noob-frig so maybe it is different with a capital?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 12:12:52 PM by peo »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 12:30:29 PM »
kickouts are bad.

even immediate undocks work well with caps, lots of people use caps to kill from there knowing they can be inside safe fast.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 12:42:24 PM »
If its a kickout exit then forget it. Shame though as it is a well equiped system with easy access to hi-sec. I guess we need to keep looking
 :-[

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 12:49:33 PM »
If its a kickout exit then forget it. Shame though as it is a well equiped system with easy access to hi-sec. I guess we need to keep looking
 :-[

Quite fond of Uzi tbh.
Sure not perfect with connectivity but it is easy enough to jump in stuff from bimener or similar if need be. I'm sitting there with hrod to get a handle on how busy it is and what kind of people use it.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 06:51:25 AM »
I've unrented the mn5 office now.
Not worth the cost to have it.