Author Topic: Apocrypha Site up!  (Read 12078 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Apocrypha Site up!
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 07:39:15 AM »
http://www.eveonline.com/apocryphabreakingnews/

Keep an eye on that page over the course of the pday - both for patch announcements but mainly because they may go all RP on us like during the FW patch release and the page could end up with stories and videos etc :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 01:11:02 PM »
My client is now fully updated :)

Just waiting on 4pm for the server to come up :D

Online Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 01:25:33 PM »

...and then go down ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2009, 01:45:29 PM »

...and then go down ;)

Rinse and repeat for the next 5 days or so too :D

Online Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2009, 02:25:03 PM »
Special Report: Sisters of EVE Warn of Possible Wormhole Formation Throughout Cluster
2009.03.10 14:19:03
SYSTEM X7O-MU – The Sisters of EVE have released an unprecedented general warning to "all space faring travelers of New Eden" that they are forecasting the imminent formation of multiple wormholes throughout the cluster. The claim from the reclusive humanitarian organization comes amidst one of the most deadly natural catastrophes in modern history, as Seyllin and at least three other systems have been devastated by a main-sequence anomaly within the last several hours.

The highly technical warning states that "multiple instances of defect-mediated turbulence in the fabric of spacetime have been detected in various locations throughout the cluster," and that the sightings "coincide with the erratic behavior of multiple star systems, many of which are unreported, all throughout New Eden."

The statement adds that "such intense topological turbulence has every potential to collapse into pairs of defects, and that the resulting point-defect turbulence would be readily detectable using existing starship scanning technology."

Addressing CONCORD directly, the Sisters are strongly advising that "travel warnings be issued with immediate effect warning spacecraft to avoid them all costs, as there is theoretically no limit to the distance separating pairs of defects, or any reliable means of predicting how long such pairs will remain stable."

If true, the Sisters of EVE will have foreseen the appearance of the first naturally occurring wormholes since the collapse of the EVE gate more than fifteen thousand years ago
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2009, 09:27:28 PM »
Epic story arc contains shootable battleships with big bounties, and apparently a shootable carrier ;D

Not bad for an l1/l2 arc :)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2009, 11:39:32 AM »
We had a server crash on TQ last night around 1am :(  The server was down for 10 mins or so - followed by 90% of the regions/systems being slow to load up.
Made moving through low-sec that much more exciting :)

Interestingly - the WH systems Jxxxxxx also appeared in the congested notices.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 11:43:55 AM »
We've a new client patch today weighing in at around 3MB:

Patch Notes for Apocrypha
Fixes, Changes and Improvements
Features
CRITICAL
·   Fixed a rare issue in skill training that could cause characters to become stuck.
·   Resolved an issue generating high levels of lag.
·   Resolved an issue in the attribute remap that would make it appear as though the change had been reverted.
·   Updating the client bulkdata to resolve an issue causing players to get stuck downloading on login

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2009, 12:05:16 PM »
Nice! :)   The game has been pretty much unplayable for me when running two clients at the same time.