Author Topic: W-Space  (Read 8077 times)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: W-Space
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2009, 12:29:30 PM »
Aye - we need some kind of scorecard system is needed to allow a comparative evaluation.

Assumptions:
a) Deploying a POS takes time - so while moving it isn't much of an issue - you don't want to do it too often.
b) The first W-System we encounter is likely to have W-K links.  This is double edged sword - it means we'll be able to hop in/out & simplify logistics but also means it's likely to have other visitors.
c) W-System resources: Rats, Belts, number of moons, quality of moons, Exploration sites, W-K Links & W-W Links.  Each of these needs points assigned to help asses quality.

Currently we don't know much about how we get access to the T3 elements - but we have enough information to make a rough draft of the scorecard which we can refine as more information becomes available.  When we have something that's close to general agreement - I'll turn it into an excel and people can reference and use. 

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2009, 01:45:46 PM »
moving W-W means we all need to be online at the same time though, or risk losing ppl

or we need to trust each other very, very much and dish out accounts/pws
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2009, 02:04:14 PM »
Let's not share accounts as it's against CCP policy.

The initial expedition will be as one group - so the chances of losing somebody would be smaller as long as we ensured the WH was appropriate for the group.
I would imagine that once we are established - the real exploration would start. 

The way I'm currently planning is:
Buy, Make & assemble in place the resources needed
Determine expedition mass
Expedition force gathers together at the appointed date/time
Exploration starts by scout in K-Space to find a WH of suitable mass allowance (WH's from the info so far will be every "few" systems in K-Space)
Expedition slides down the shute into W-Space
POS team safe up
Primary scout looks for WH's of suitable size and direction into deeper W-Space and then we asses/prioritize WH's - further scouting into those WH's
Other members asses/survey the current system

At this point we will have a list of potential sites.
We apply the scorecard against these sites (and the current system) and decide what to do

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2009, 05:16:18 PM »
Was reading the last chronicle.
Wonder if the reference to "isogen-5" could be an indication to a resource needed for t3 production. Seemed to be floating around space so could be harvestable by mining for example.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2009, 05:18:49 PM »
Was reading the last chronicle.
Wonder if the reference to "isogen-5" could be an indication to a resource needed for t3 production. Seemed to be floating around space so could be harvestable by mining for example.

Aye - there is in the database variations of the existing ores - and I dont mean the mission space variations in certain mining missions - but others, I'll try and look up the source for these.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2009, 06:44:22 PM »
Updated the first post to include the new POS modules for Tech3 construction.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2009, 09:36:03 AM »
So far there's a ton of exploration based mining in W-Space - all ores can be found from Veld to Crocite/Mercox.
NPC's still spawn at these sites ranging from every 10mins or so and comprising of just a few NPC's - generally frigs/cruisers - sometimes an occassional BS.

Polymer clouds appear also in decent numbers - generally 2 clouds per site and so far 3-5 sites found in each system.
I've not yet seen NPC's appear in these sites - but it may just have been me not hanging around long enough.
Volume of clouds is between 10k & 50k.  Watch out in these as the cloud will prevent any cloak from operating within range of the polymer cloud (warp your probing ship at an appropriate distance).

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2009, 09:44:30 AM »
So everything needs probing?
Then one of the most important things to be able to produce are probes?

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2009, 10:07:58 AM »
Not everything needs probing as the System Scanner will work without probes and will scan within 5AU of your ship in about 30s.  So you can warp to planets/celestials and pick up anomoly (?spelling) exploration sites and warp to them.  You won't be able to scan down WH's or other Cosmic Sigs based sites.

Probes can now be reused (thankfully) and also are stackable now in your hold when they've been used.  Reused probes don't expire or have any kind of lifetime outside of when they're deployed.  You can also reconnect probes should you get disconnected or change system without recalling them.  Probes last for about an hour.

You'll need 8-16 probes (8-16 of both types if you can use the Deep Space probes @ Astrometrics V) - 16 will give you a set of spares should something go wrong.
Deep Space Probes have a max range of 1024 AU & a min of 32AU (iirc), Core Probes have a max range of 32AU & a min range of 0.25 AU.

With practice it's possible to scan down a site within a few minutes - and a good guide on how to probe can be found: http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1007848
A related spreadsheet that's very handy for finding specific types of signatures (using Target Size) is: http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1005459

Anything that can be probed has a target size (so WH's leading to a highsec K-Space from W-Space has a size of x, a WH leading to 0.0 from W-Space has a size of y, a mining site has a size of z, etc) and the spreadsheet is handy as it allows you to relate signature "target size" to Signal Strength based on skills/modules/implants & the type/range of probe you are using.  This allows you to scan & home onto a specific type of signal.

This works well generally but has a few issues when you have a lot of signatures to select from with overlapping Target Sizes.

I'll writeup an additional little guide on using probes when I have an approach that I feel comfortably works well.  The main aspect I'm trying to cover is when you have lots of signatures found in a system.  W-Space systems have a LOT of signatures as all content is based around exploration - by a lot the minimum number of signatures has been 20; with the avg for a simple system is 30 - and for a complex system: 50 signatures (max signatures has been 61 so far).  This make is difficult to pick up a specific type of signature (