Author Topic: Ma'adim: Direction?  (Read 22692 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Ma'adim: Direction?
« on: December 22, 2008, 11:08:10 PM »
So we have a direction it would seem.

Thanks to Rub, we have RIG BPO's & an Orca BPO.  Which with some work will give us the ability to manufacture these items for sale in various regional markets. Now how will we get there?

This is how I see the memberbase getting us there:

Mission Runners: We need Salvage, you need isk. We need to find a nice balance of taking your salvage at a price that doesnt gouge your wallets too much; We can also use all the loot you feel like donating to the hangar, this can be reprocessed into much needed minerals, some of which are rare in High Security space; We will provide your ammunition - whether you then convert this to Faction via the LP store is your choice - via the manufacturers

Miners: Everything you can mine, we would like that. Again we all need (after the Xmas season is over) to sit down and settle on a remuneration program that does all of us some benefit - the corp and the memberbase;  We may even need people capable of mining ice (This takes working from home or long periods of study or illness given how boring it is!) to supply fuel for the POS, saving our costs. However this latter request relies on other things we will work on going forward.

Explorers: Find us mining sites with rare ore in them; Work towards being damn good at exploration, will give us an edge when T3 hits and we need to begin finding wormholes.

Builders: Skill up towards rig and/or ship construction; Look into RnD for datacores you may need for any required invention as well as haranguing corpies to do the same (its a nice passive income stream); Settle on quota's of required minerals; Agree what we need to build and what we do not; Purchase (either alone or via the corp) required bpc's/bpo's etc; Develop an in-house ship program for members to get cheaper vessels (This will be an excellent foundation for similar after T3 hits) in addition to selling a percentage in selected regions;

Research Alts: Not everyone needs one, I'll have one and Saf has stated his intention to create one too, I'd think 3 at most will be enough to ensure any BPO's we get are researched well, copied to a good degree and generally keep the Research Alt Corp ticking over;

Wannabe PVPers: lets get some learning in (I need new kills for my sig!), we'll need some scanning skills too; we need to enhance our cooperative abilities too; get each other some small time FC practice and of course go on as many Agony courses as come available that we can do :)

All these actions combined will hopefully get us moving towards the corp becoming proftable and through that us all making a nice income in game, enjoying our playtime and maybe even being able to go out and shoot other players one day, with a good industrial backbone to support us;

Yes it will take work, alot of it on all our parts - starting a Capital program is no easy task - but I feel it will pay off in the long term (EVE is all about the long term).

Do feel free to rip this post apart, offer alternate views, hell even offer to take on certain roles as detailed above or give me figures for Mineral Purchase program as you see them, Market info for regions where you think we can make money on ships/rigs etc

This is OUR corp!

Anyways, I'll be on mainly to switch skills over the next few days, so I'll see you all properly after the xmas period - unless you crop up in left 4 dead when I find some time to play that too!
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Ma'adim: Direction?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 12:37:29 AM »
Sounds like a well thought out plan and looks good to me. 

Many of the BP's we have and should be getting provide the tools that players can use and profit from - salvage to make rigs (for corp use or/and market), mins for productions (ships, modules, ammo, mining crystals, probes, etc).  The Probe BP's are also on my shopping list and exploration offers some exciting opportunities (and can be tough to do).

Early on having a supply of things for the corp - will mean you don't have to worry about buying the major items - they'll be there for people to use.
Likewise - the larger items (freighters, command ships, carriers) will be available to corp members also.

I'm really excited about it.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 07:52:57 AM »
Dont worry about Probe BP's for now, COnstantine grabbed 90 100 run BPC's covering all of them :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 09:30:03 AM »
In addition to the roles I listed in my OP, we need people who are willing to do such esoteric things as pay the miners, salvagers etc - This person(s) would have access to the Corp Wallet (Probably use Division 2 as the "Internal Payments" section) and would need to purchase goods from members based on the prices I am looking at currently.

I could do this, but I'm already a walking head ache from all the other numbers!

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 09:45:11 AM »
Regarding 0.0 access.
The United Freemen Alliance are in Geminate - a part of space I know and they control 2 stations (from my quick overview) there.
They're looking for corps to join the alliance.

The alliance blurb reads:
Anti-Pirate, Free Commerce alliance....

Currently recruiting corporations with:
- 0.0 as goal
- more than 5 man very active PvP
- more than 5 man very active industrialists

I don't know their relationships with the other alliances but I think they're more Goon than BoB from a quick search.

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 09:53:03 AM »
There's no rush, certainly, and the guys will need to grow into their skins ... therefore we should investigate them. I don't know geminate as space goes - how trusec is it?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 10:26:16 AM »
ok a few questions

Explorers finding Gravimetric sites, how will the corp pay for this? percentage (10% finders fee) cut of ore values? or fixed?

For the sale of ores/salvage/datacores to corp what do you think of a flat 75% JIta price? Paid out every Thursday by myself (from corp wallet ofc ;P  )to whomsoever contracts the stuff  (if so i can do the 3 days training to Charon after my Manufacturing skills finish)

as to the in corp ship programme id say sell at build cost, with the proviso that customer orders take pref, but if its yours and its in the cooker customer has to wait. We should get  some BPs of the most used mission ships for this purpose.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 10:33:11 AM »
Didnt think of a finders fee for explorers, thats a valid point.  10% of Minerals mined and refined would be a good start I think as you suggest?

As for Ore/Salvage etc, I have a post in production now on that very topic.

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 10:37:12 AM »
In addition to the roles I listed in my OP, we need people who are willing to do such esoteric things as pay the miners, salvagers etc - This person(s) would have access to the Corp Wallet (Probably use Division 2 as the "Internal Payments" section) and would need to purchase goods from members based on the prices I am looking at currently.

I could do this, but I'm already a walking head ache from all the other numbers!

I could smash together a XLsheet and take care of this.
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 10:56:38 AM »

I could smash together a XLsheet and take care of this.

See attached.

I'll add the Datacore & Salvage sections later, but this is the daddy for now.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 11:18:43 AM »
There's no rush, certainly, and the guys will need to grow into their skins ... therefore we should investigate them. I don't know geminate as space goes - how trusec is it?

Geminate has the Guristas Faction NPCs.

TDE4 & K25 (the station systems are -0.58).  TDE4 is a refinery station.
Surrounding systems vary between -0.96 & -0.4.  There is an NPC station north at FDZ4-A.

North east of Geminate are 3 drone regions which currently have no sov but are handy from a mineral perspective.

The main routes in from:
  • The Forge is via Oijanen & BWF-ZZ
  • Great Wildlands is via K-IYNW & Atioth
  • Metropois via Eurgrana & AD-5B8

The closest Cap ship jump point is Eurgrana and is possible with the lowest skills if I remember correctly.

Out of game map link: http://grismar.net/eve/navigator/index.php?form_id=nav_form&query=*30000001+!*30002502
And also page 30, G7 here: http://www.eve-maps.com/
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 11:30:18 AM by Rubino »

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 11:56:58 AM »
Sounds very promising; perhaps it's worth finding out a little more about them ...

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 12:34:06 PM »
They look decent and the space itself isn't bad.

The pluses:
  • They are recriuting now and we're the right size with the right combination of players (industrial/pvp)
  • They have 2 stations - which makes the space accessible to us
  • It'll give the player base decent access to PvP
  • It'll give the industrials access to all ore types
  • I'm familiar with the space - so it'll help reduce the learning curve
  • It's fairly close for us and it's on the opposite side of the map from Bob
  • We have and own a carrier cap ship & are dread capable   (although 25 days ish away from Siege and Citadels) - which makes moving ships/eq much easier - and us more attractive to them
  • There is a null sec NPC station nearby
  • Current control of BWF (the gateway system) is in alliance hands - which makes access very simple
  • Exploration in 0.0!

*Hands Batton over to Beosvir*
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 12:54:40 PM by Rubino »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 01:01:39 PM »
I personally would prefer to wait a short while until our guys have had time to finish off their early skill plans and our hisec infrastructure is solid and in place. Dont want all our eggs in the one basket, which an immediate move could result in should it all go tits up out there :)

Definelty make some contacts with them, let them know we are interested but due to majority of the members being new (unless the majority wants to move right away of course) and needing to find their feet (And in some cases reskill a little into more combat focused skills for self protection, as living in 0.0 isnt all sweetness and light now is it :D) we'd need some time before committing fully. (I'd love to be able to commit our guys to space defence rather than docking up when reds come through).

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/United_Freemen_Alliance

The above link is kinda cool too - shows a full breakdown of member numbers, and so on. 

http://www.unitedfreemen.net/

Their website is here.  Killboard shows a reasonable efficiency rate, with little padding (Kills of macro's and the like). Forum seems quiet, 2.5k posts in its life span - yes not a good judge, but as we all know, I like out of game activity, helps foster a stronger community as much as the ingame stuff can. I did intend to make an initial contact via their forum as they say on their site, but its too quiet!

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 01:10:11 PM »
Meh, if they're not regularly in corp wars, being part of the alliance won't hurt us badly. But I understand not wanting to rush into anything - but being the 'cap builder' in an industrial alliance is a good place to be, especially with a healthy mining corp to provide minerals underneath it. Speaking of which, in about a month or so, Myenne will be hulk capable - who's going to get the first Rorqual?

Alternatively, find out what it'd cost to be set to blue, being able to move in and out of their space and access 0.0 ore is probably pretty good, even if we feel that nullsec politics isn't where you guys want to be initially.