Author Topic: EVE Online: Dominion (Winter Expansion)  (Read 13247 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: EVE Online: Dominion (Winter Expansion)
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2009, 04:34:51 PM »
AF AB Boost incoming:

One of the upcoming changes we previously mentioned on the features & ideas forum and discussed with the CSM which we want to try out on singularity and gather public feedback on is a boost to assault frigates.

We will add a 15% afterburner speed boost bonus per racial frigate level. This means each assault frigate will get a 75% bonus since racial frigate V is a pre-requisite to fly the ship. The intention is that the assault frigates will be able to close range on their targets to bring their damage to bear and increase their survivability on account of their increased speed and reduced signature radius factor whilst using afterburners.

This is not a final solution and we are aware of related issues such as rocket performance but we have been impressed with the results so far internally that we want to move to the next phase and see what you all think.

This change should hit singularity over the next few days and your constructive feedback is welcome!

Cant bloody wait - AF's will become my ship of choice should this go through without whines changing it any.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2009, 04:41:41 PM »
Sounds like they might become more usable. Not just some kind of heavy easy to hit ceptor but a ship in their own right.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2009, 03:55:29 PM »
Typhoon Fleet Issue:

• Slot layout: weapon layout back to 4 turrets and 4 launchers, receives an additional low-slot instead (for a total of eight)

Noticed this - another change to 'phoonFI - this make life better or is stillr etarded stupid?

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2009, 04:33:47 PM »
Typhoon Fleet Issue:

• Slot layout: weapon layout back to 4 turrets and 4 launchers, receives an additional low-slot instead (for a total of eight)

Noticed this - another change to 'phoonFI - this make life better or is stillr etarded stupid?

Dunno... imo the phoon should have a 5/5 layout to start with but a added low gives more choices and another weapons upgrade might give more of a boost than a bonused weapon.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2009, 04:40:06 PM »
so does that make 'phoon FI 8/4/8?

if so i can see that being a nice PVP ship maybe not as much gank as some but quite versatile.

what ive never understood is why no CN Rokh though that would...well.... rock :)  hehe
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2009, 04:49:26 PM »

what ive never understood is why no CN Rokh though that would...well.... rock :)  hehe

I have hopes.  The very idea makes me moist.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2009, 09:17:01 PM »
a PHFI with a 8/4/8 setup with a 4/4 hislot setup would IMO be better than the 8/4/7 with 5/5. The slight dps increase of the latter can never never make up for the versatility and potential of an extra lowslot: either higher dps through a BCS or the extra tank it could generate, esp with the increased armor hp it got.

retardedness imo
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2009, 10:53:47 AM »
Dominion related videos from during AT7 finals weekend last weekend:

1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKZZGVonhAA

2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pusXTQkeIM

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2009, 12:35:21 PM »
Fleet finder?? hmm... that can't end well.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2009, 12:48:37 PM »

Its handy in small corps - none of this nonsense we have to jump thru now.  However in massive corps with spies all over and alliances too then its going to be "fun" :D

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2009, 01:07:45 PM »

Its handy in small corps - none of this nonsense we have to jump thru now.  However in massive corps with spies all over and alliances too then its going to be "fun" :D

Can't see it work that well for us either... for the medium sized (like ez or similar) it could work. Having both mining and other kinds of fleets.
Small like us rarely have more than one fleet afterall ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2009, 03:51:59 PM »
Browsing eveo while waiting for a few hours for Torfifrans Dominion keynote, I saw this linked.

http://www.dust514.org/index.php?option=com_hwdvideoshare&task=viewvideo&Itemid=56&video_id=9

A video interview that goes deeper regarding Dust and Dominion...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2009, 07:57:42 PM »
I r stupid - didnt bring lead for camera>netbook.

Saying that though, havent taken too many pictures this year, acually trying to watch things rather than take piccies of stuff did that too me.

Todays keynotes were epic - yesterdays by Torfi was seemingly just a run up to todays, even though Dominion was its focus.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2009, 10:02:25 PM »
any exciting stuff? tried to watch/listen part of it on EvEtv today, but was in fleet at same time, so didnt really follow
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2009, 06:36:54 PM »