Author Topic: Free to play  (Read 30707 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Free to play
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2010, 05:09:02 PM »
btw Jon, did you find anything on the forums about the store still being AWOL?

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/technical-assistance-forum-737/443088-strange-store-issue.html

Glanced over this lastnight - seems to support garry's findings too - but head was a little too mashed to sense of it at the time :)

Follow the "solution" suggested a few posts down.  If memeory serves I had to do similar for people in the past who couldnt get past the launcher on the early vista release of lotro, so poor coding is poor basically.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2010, 05:24:00 PM »
Hello there. With this problem you need to make sure your PC's browser is set to allow Google Analytics traffic. Sometimes that site is blocked.

and make sure firewall isnt also blocking google anyltics, why? i do not know but people ob forums say this has sorted the issues they had.

btw shop usee I.E. even if its not default browser
enable google analytics!?

[rage]rage[/rage]
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2010, 10:02:09 PM »
New reply to another thread about this:

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/lord-rings-online-general-discussion-424/443136-empty-store-window.html

Paraphrasing: "Remove your own firewalls, windows is enough"

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2010, 10:10:25 AM »
ok, tweaked my host-file back to allowing google analytics. sucks huge monkeyballs that it is necessary though  >:(
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2010, 10:26:36 AM »
I'm legging it to Bree to get a poneh!
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2010, 07:34:09 AM »
New reply to another thread about this:

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/lord-rings-online-general-discussion-424/443136-empty-store-window.html

Paraphrasing: "Remove your own firewalls, windows is enough"

enough for what?

Windows firewall is  a bucket of rusty bolts.

Never used it and never will.  ;)
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2010, 12:42:48 AM »
Sure ive linked it, but you f2pers can get up to 1470 TP per character:

http://lotro.mmorsel.com/p/tpfinder.html

handy site this for finding out such stuff like that.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2010, 08:05:50 AM »
Sure ive linked it
I'm sure you havent  ;)
Cool, I can get 3500 more with the Eriador/MoM access I should have

And should be this for each char, amirite? So x4 or x5 depending on Free/Premium

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2010, 11:00:05 AM »
Yes for every character you can do stuff on you can earn all those TP.  Its not limited to earning them on 1 character per account ever etc.  So just rinse and repeat on each available character you have depending on account type etc

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2010, 02:08:58 PM »
I wonder what happens to TP a char has earned once you delete it though. Else you would have an endless amount of TP you can earn.
Kill your darlings etc.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2010, 02:24:13 PM »
I wonder what happens to TP a char has earned once you delete it though. Else you would have an endless amount of TP you can earn.
Kill your darlings etc.

From what i reckon - and from the "free" tp tip i posted last weekend - it seems once its earned they dont care were it was from...

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2010, 02:36:52 PM »
seems next area could be Isengard(ish)

that is the way the epic story is going as well ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2010, 04:44:41 PM »
seems next area could be Isengard(ish)

that is the way the epic story is going as well ;)

and then this appears today :D

WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT, TURBINE AND CODEMASTERS ONLINE UNVEIL THE LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE™: RISE OF ISENGARD™

New Digital Expansion to The Lord of the Rings Online™ Launching Fall 2011

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment unveiled today The Lord of the Rings Online™: Rise of Isengard™, the latest expansion to the award-winning free-to-play massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) developed by Turbine. Rise of Isengard will expand the online world of Middle-earth where players will join forces to press further eastward into the legendary region of Isengard. Rise of Isengard will be available for purchase in the LOTRO Store in the Fall of 2011 with an increased level cap, the new region of Isengard including the legendary tower of Orthanc, enhancements to monster play and much more!

“2010 has been a year of unprecedented growth for The Lord of the Rings Online with our successful introduction of a free-to-play option for our players,” said Kate Paiz, Executive Producer of The Lord of the Rings Online. “This is going to be another outstanding year for the game as we progress on our journey toward Mordor and it all begins with our upcoming November update. The journey will carry through 2011 ending with our arrival in the epic region of Isengard where players will confront the raging war and shadow that has spread across Middle-earth.”

NEW FEATURES:

* Experience the Rise of Isengard – The Epic Story continues as the Grey Company makes its way south into Dunland, but troubles arise as their road takes them into lands where Dunlending forces, marshaled by the Wizard Saruman, prepare for war. The Rangers must seek new allies and face dangerous new foes, chief among them the traitor Saruman, whose web of intrigue threatens to endanger your quest, your friends, and your life.
    * Increased Level Cap — Players will be able advance their characters up to level 70, gaining access to new traits, virtues, skills and class quests.
    * Expanded Monster Play – LOTRO’s monster play system will get a major revamp including opening up the feature to all players, changes to monster player skills and advancement and a brand new region for players to battle for or against the forces of evil.

The Lord of the Rings Online is the ultimate adventure. This award-winning massively multiplayer online role-playing game delivers an interactive experience brimming with life and filled with the familiar people, places and monsters from the most famous fantasy of all time. From the picturesque surroundings of the Shire to Moria, the most fearsome underground realm ever imagined, players can experience the world of Middle-earth for free! For more information, visit www.lotro.com.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STMIauUwcLY
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 04:50:31 PM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 19, 2010, 05:25:26 PM »
Btw, although the description in the LOTRO store seems to say otherwise: Buying a quest-pack for one character, goes for the whole account. This makes it pretty easy to get access to the whole game, esp. when only buying regions 'on sale' and maybe even the expansionpacks. When you do loads of deeds ofc...

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2010, 05:46:54 PM »
Btw, although the description in the LOTRO store seems to say otherwise: Buying a quest-pack for one character, goes for the whole account. This makes it pretty easy to get access to the whole game, esp. when only buying regions 'on sale' and maybe even the expansionpacks. When you do loads of deeds ofc...

did i not already tell you this? or was it goatey?

i still wouldnt buy Moria at its store price (2500 ponts or so) try and find a cheap box they are still out there