Author Topic: Current Issues  (Read 5844 times)

Offline Pashur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Current Issues
« on: September 04, 2009, 06:59:55 AM »
Let us start with a game issue thread since there are some problems at the moment and I am sure more will come.
Yesterday evening it was impossible for me and others to get to the game login page.
I could download and install the game but never reached the log in.
Reading on the internet the suggestion was that they have problems handling all players. True or not I don't know. It can also be some simple technical issue. Time will tell.
Anyway, this morning, 06:15, I had no problems getting there.
Then new problems started. I had to give a username and password to play the game.
Buying the game via Steampowered gives you no information about such things.
Ok, I will contact Steampowered and ask what the problem is.
Then, the normal Steam account does not work and they ask me to make another kind of Steam account to contact customer support.
My reaction was like the meteorite aiming for a seriously fucked up earth in the End Of Ze World video: "Well, fuck that"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZMwKPmsbWE

I used google and fairly quickly I found a post saying that: right clicking on the game in Steam would bring up an account management option where this is handled. This option should be available when installation starts.
Of course I wasn't given that option right clicking and the game was installed yesterday.
More googling and I found a post that said it may work by "Verify integrity of game cache". This option can be found after right clicking and via some tabs. Lo and behold account management turned up with a right click.
Next problem is that the account management activation only seems to work with Internet Explorer. I use Firefox of course.
Ok, it didn't take me long to realize this but by now my mood had changed from happily looking forward to a new game to a critic that will be hard to convince of the Steam-Cryptic management of this game.
How on earth could anyone conceive such an installation procedure? There was absolutely no information whatsoever on how to do this. Mindboggling to say the least. I wanted to post my findings on the Steam forum but guess what, they wanted me to register another account for the forums. "Well, fuck that".
I hope I will be able to calm down and hopefully the game will be so amazing I will forget all about this by the end of the weekend :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Current Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 07:13:45 AM »
have you visited the CO site

http://www.champions-online.com/

and created an account there?

only thing i can honestly think of :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Pashur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 08:05:32 AM »
Well I got it working so I am fine now.
The problem with going to http://www.champions-online.com/ is that registration requires a key which you do not have. You get (see) your key automagically when you use the right clicking described above within Steam. Provided it is working of course.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 08:06:48 AM »
stupid steam youd have thought theyd have made it clearer
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Pashur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 08:58:15 AM »
From the Champions online forum:
http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=53646

Today's Outage: September 3, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During our nightly maintenance, a new member of our Network Operation team incorrectly updated our patching manifest file. The result of this error required us to do a complete resync of the patching system and affected log-ins. Fortunately our infrastructure is highly resilient, so while the transfer of this much data was a lengthy process; it wasn’t a difficult one. This resync resulted in no character or game data loss, just an unfortunately extended period of down time.
Due to the lengthy down time we will be extending all affected subscribers an additional day of free game time. Our desire is to have you as unaffected by this issue as possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 08:59:22 AM »
unemployment goes up by 1 again  :D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 10:05:49 AM »
because I got a lifetime sub does this mean I get to live another day?