Author Topic: Around late february ... (the DoW2 thread)  (Read 5948 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Around late february ... (the DoW2 thread)
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 09:48:00 AM »
Haven't played it in a while, but do agree that the single player campaign rocks.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2009, 12:50:22 PM »
Sp rocks MP is alright but flawed IMHO.

recently reinstalled it myself and trying to figure out how to get all my freebies again was hard on the brain, windows live suxxor :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 08:48:06 PM »
Strange. I recently bought the game as well, but while I loved the DoW I campaign - well, the dark crusade "campaign" most of all tbh, the DoW2 campaign doesn't quite cut it for me.
Perhaps it's just that I"m not a huge space marine fan (Orc! Orc! Orc! or Eldar! Eldar! Eldar! or even Imperial Guard instead...) but I'm finding the campaign rather one-dimensional up till now (first 7 missions played or so)
Also, does the game only allow 4 (5?) squads to be controlled in MP as well, without options like constructing buildings? The game feels quite simple so far (use cover, have squads cover each other's asses and go back to these radar-antenna points regularly to have your units returned to full strength)
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2009, 06:53:24 PM »
Campaigns ok, but the game itself is annoying me.

I play it windowed and it still forces me to "live" within the area of the window whereas other steam games, my mouse can wander outside that window. However with DOW2 I have to tab away from its window, then when i try to go back I have to forcefully crash it and start it up again :(
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 11:09:05 AM »
Expansion incoming

Chaos rising
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 10:22:04 PM »
DOW 2: Retribution is out soon - the Multiplayer Beta is currently open on steam to anyone with a DoW game installed on that platform.

Retributions highlight (for me is the Imperial Guard!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrrCY7dgaqs&feature=youtu.be
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 11:26:16 PM »
They are awesome, troopers can build las turrets and put down their own cover :)  (in mp anyways)