Author Topic: Classes and stuff  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Classes and stuff
« on: June 22, 2009, 07:27:54 AM »
burgs are THE best solo class and i do not joke on that they can solo EMs of same level.
I really should give my burg a chance again. Sort of got bored having to always run solo back in the days (even though burgs can solo things most others would have trouble with) but it was slow going (sadly being able to solo things is not the same thing as breezing through things). I played a bit with him last winter again, and altough the class is now better, I still couldn't find a group for anything :(  He still havent completed all the Great Barrows quests for example :(

While on the other hand I have tremendous fun with the champion. I've reached level 22 without dieing or getting even close to dieing, and while he has trouble with elites (especially those that knock senseless) the killing speed is simply awesome (and the self heal + self power boosting are nice). After getting heavy armour on has made me feel way more comfortable with him, in Ardour stance (yeah Garry I know, spit spit, but I *am* trying to avoid getting used to Fervour because of the massive soloing nerf (I rely a lot on food healing and drink potions like a junkie, and 30% off of those are not nice)) he has about 40% mitigation (armour+parry+evade) and AoEing stuff is nice :) With a warden I can survive through lots of  crap, with the champion crap has no chance because I am the fan :P 

I've also finally decided to burn the accumulated destiny points on useful stuff, so I've had the blue bar for experience ever since I came back from the vacation (sadly will only one of those 250 point boosters left). Experience is thus racking in real fast for little effort now :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Classes and stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 12:16:08 PM »
the nerf doesnat affect food or potions only incoming direct heals ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Classes and stuff
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 12:36:49 PM »
the nerf doesnat affect food or potions only incoming direct heals ;)
It has changed then? Because Graalx2 replied in the the thread with the original announcement that the nerf will affect potions and food too (the periodic healing from food buffs, that is), but *not* the self heal from abilities ("Champion skills that restore morale are not affected, nor is the Man skill Strength of Morale").