Author Topic: HELLOOO ANYBODY THERE......?  (Read 3154 times)

Offline Axenar

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
HELLOOO ANYBODY THERE......?
« on: February 25, 2009, 06:46:11 PM »
Hi all anybody still playing, havent seen a post in here in weeks and when I was on a week past Friday there was not another member on for the 2 or 3 hours I was on.

Paranoid I'm alone in the guild now.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: HELLOOO ANYBODY THERE......?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 07:17:01 PM »
not me bored and havent resubbed just wasnt enough to keep me interested in the end :(
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 07:20:33 PM »
Haven't been online in a long time.
Simple reason, noone had been online for about two weeks or so and it isn't that fun to run around alone trying to find an open warband that acctually does anything.
Add to that that you need to be in the largest guilds to have an influence at all since it is only when they decide "now we cap this zone" anything changes it just becomes a rr grind which isn't that fun especially alone.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 07:42:31 PM »
Apparently I still subscribe :S 12 days left on the current month. Note to self, check your CC statements in future!

So I just spent a shortwhile online - got into a couple of Caledor Woods games, barely any xp or reknown gain despite having rested out the ass and nearing top 5 in damage done...  Sucks to be honest.   Didnt see any obvious signs in Black crag of an assault or up by Stonewatch either, so no fun to try out there.

If I do continue to play at all over these 12 days (like I have any time for another game right now) I'll muck about on Burnavir or try for more toK stuff on beo rather than anything else.

If you are still in T3 Axenar - is it a case of stuff happening alot in that bracket still or has that died down from its hayday 6 weeks or so post release?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 12:07:45 AM »
not going back myself it turned into too much of a grind after lvl 30 and thinking about the game after i stopped playing it was far too linear on the quest area side of things.

it was like just follow the road till the end of the zone.

and i did so want to stick with this game but as i said in the thread about age of conan another case of backers forcing a release before it was finished.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 12:09:29 AM by Keggi »

Offline Axenar

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 06:28:36 PM »
To be honest since that stint I havent been back on but the Lands of the Dead and the chance to be a slayer has kept me subbing. If the guild is dying out are there any recommendations as to another lot I could join if I keep playing? Where did everyone else head off to?

Not that I'm desperate to leave cos I liked the folks here but if no one here is playing then it seems daft to hang about.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 06:40:00 PM »
A few people who still play but rarely visit here moved onto Ginnunga and other larger guilds, but from a look at the roster the majority of the guild just stopped playing at all.

*Adds a codicil that quite a large number of us made it to EVE...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 06:42:13 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 10:37:16 PM »
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Kaffedags

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 11:21:08 AM »
Yeah, I'm in Ginnunga. Lots of good people there, feel free to send an application (make sure to mention me as a friend in the guild), but I think we're only recruiting healers right now. You could also check with our allies, Phoenix Legion and Soul Pact. Ginnunga alone has about five groups regularly running Lost Vale, and we put together alliance warbands of around 10ish people on weekdays, and almost two warbands on weekends. I see Artheric playing regularly... he's in Relaxed Mercenaries, I think, who seem pretty chill (and they're recruiting, judging from the forums). Warhammer really shines from being on an active server, and it shines even more when being in a good guild.

Alot of people are kinda waiting around for the 1.2 career changes (lots of boosts in there), the Slayer and Lands of the Dead-stuff... I expect Karak-Hirn to be a bit more lively then. Still, that didn't stop us from breaking into the Inevitable City this Sunday. :)

Offline Axenar

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 06:25:12 PM »
I read the rules for Ginnnunga and they seemed a bit overly strick and demanding for a casual player like myself. I had found relaxed Mercs myself through the WA forums so good to see it mentioned here as well. Application sent thier way.

Sorry other HOJ folks but I can't see the point in hanging about in an inactive guild. Shame cos you were a good laugh to chat with and such. Though I hope to still prowl the boards and wotnot.