Author Topic: Good night, and good luck  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Kaffedags

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Good night, and good luck
« on: January 17, 2009, 09:51:44 PM »
I have decided to leave Hands of Justice, mostly due to reasons of low activity in the guild and lack of T4-players. I have been running with some Ginnunga warbands lately, and talking to some people from Phoenix Legion. I'll be staying in for a while longer until I know where I'll get in. If anyone knows an active T4-focused guild that's looking for Bright Wizards, let me know.

I've been having tons of fun with you guys, and I hope to see you in game and on the forums. Best of luck.

/Kaffedags

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: Good night, and good luck
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 02:31:01 PM »
aww sad to see you go bud. I hope you find what you are looking for.
A combo of real life issues and EvE seem to have decimated the guild somewhat at present. hopefully things will pick up though.

take care and good luck
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 02:35:50 PM »
What he said basically.

Although I think the game itself has also pushed many away - didnt leave up to its hype (or peoples own internal hype either) in some ways, and for many a grind is a grind is a grind.

Hell I enjoy it still - but not on Beo, I prefer my BW as I dont have to think, or face/be part of a tacticless zergrush which it seems T4 is. Poor keep design decisions here really didnt help, there does need to be more ways to get at and into keeps as well as defend them.  Oh and then of course the pve side of it, its fun, but why on earth does it have to tie into the pvp side (sacking etc?)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kaffedags

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 02:43:27 AM »
So I've gotta into Ginnunga. It's fun, but it's always hard to get into a group full of landed vets that have known each other pretty much since launch. ORVR really is a different experience when you're running with an organized group on Teamspeak - we've been experimenting with Alliance-warbands with lots of AOE-spec RPDS-classes... shit goes down FAST. Also got into Sigmars Crypts and Warpblade Tunnels for the first time this week.

...for many a grind is a grind is a grind.

Oh yeah. Mythic really didn't live up to their promises about a grind-free game. I still can't bring myself to seriously commit to an alt, mostly due to that soul-crushing grind from level 30 and upwards.

...a tacticless zergrush which it seems T4 is.

Agreed, it really is. To me it seems like alot of the zerg-warfare comes from order trying to mimic destros tactic of only running in one big group. Too bad it's so damn effective, with most RVR-areas being very small and having lots of chokepoints.

Oh and then of course the pve side of it, its fun, but why on earth does it have to tie into the pvp side (sacking etc?)

Works the other way around, too - I'm mostly interested in PVP, but I still have to do PVE-stuff to get better gear, since greater ward-level PVP-gear only comes from taking fortresses, which never happens. This really isn't a game where you can focus on one side of the game if you want to be really successful - you even kinda have to get into crafting if you want access to the (in my opinion overpowered) potions and talismans.

Ugh, lots of whine here, but I still enjoy PVP alot. At least from a BW point of view, it's so much fun to cruise around the edges of a group and see the damage-numbers fly.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 06:26:38 AM »
Their decission to put "wards" on gear will eventually kill the game.
"Get out of this fort noob you don't have full greater ward gear..."