Author Topic: My Biggest fear...  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Axenar

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
My Biggest fear...
« on: January 09, 2009, 06:22:33 PM »
I had hoped WAR wouldnt end up like most other MMO's I'd played but low and behold it's followed suit and myself a slow leveller due to family and time am left wandering the wastelands of the lower tiers. I havent seen another player in ages. But they must be about cos the keeps swap hands fairly regularly.

I had the same issues in LOTRO too, I could never find anyone to do the Story Chapters which all needed groups as I started late in that game. In the end I gave up.

Just find it annoying that a casual player like myself can rarely get to enjoy a keep attack or a decent public quest anymore as I'd need to sit about for hours to get a group or some such.

Anyway reckon I'll concentrate on levelling and just skip worrying about Reknown rank and PQ Influence. I can always go back and do the PQs later. I want to get up where the action is and that seems to be Tier 4.

Though I havent seen many guildies on of late either. Where is everyone? (though that could be cos I never manage on at weekends maybe I just miss everyone as I'm on when they're off).

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: My Biggest fear...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 06:44:09 PM »
<<<<<<<<<<<< ashamed to say EVE has taken over my life right now - various things with "hoj in space" that really need time.  I'll be in WAR this weekend mind you (and am currently sat in Lotro on my 18 19 Captain (What level did you get too and on what server? I am on Snowbourn with a bevvy of under 20 alts :D)) on either of my guys although both seem to bracket you in levels, so not much company bar chat I can offer.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 11:46:37 AM »
Things are slowly picking up - Stonie fixed his machine/install and came back last night with a friend (and now guildie).
Order has a bunch of T3/T4 players - which mostly spend their time in T4 rather than T3.  But we've a fresh batch of T2/T3 players - which are starting to appear on the scene.
Tier 1 is pretty active as is Tier 4 - with order trying to lock down the last Elf T4 zone for a push on to the Destro Dark Elf Fortress.

Destro numbers are pretty large both in T3 & T4 - and there were some Epic battles in Avelorn last night.

It started simple - small groups pushed around the Avelorn keep. Order having enough to push the door but never quite together enough to actually do it.
Some great little skirmishes on the approach to the keep door as the defending Destruction take advantage of the safety of the keep.
Most of order decide to pull back and push the Battlefield Objectives leaving a single party skirmishing with cowardly destruction outside the keep. 
We kept them there using a comgination of hand-to-hand and siege equipment for about 20-30 mins until their numbers grew, overrunning us.

At this point there were about 6-8 parties on both sides (almost 2 complete WB's) - and the battles from Wood Choppers to Maidens landing, both of which was now in the hands of Order.

At Maidens Landing in Avelorn Order decided to tactically defended - using the bridge to the landing as a choke point but unable to push into the swarming destro crowd on the small knoll overlooking the defenders.
After the party from outside the Avelorn keep negotiated with the healer at the Warcamp to remove rez sickness - they jumped upon thier trusty steeds they rode swifty to flank the destruction warband from the north. 
Quickly they pushed into the Warband and searched the clusters of bushes for the sharmen, source of those dark green fizziliing beams that were striking out to the brave Order defenders.  Less than a minute after reaching the pesky dark yodas, the fearsome black orcs pulled back from the main engagement to tackle the small order team leaving the front of the destruction warband open and exposing the soft fat underbelly of the destruction band.

The brave order defenders make chase, wounded and low on health (as usual most Order healers are having their quad-weekly picnic in a green field somewhere outside Altdorf) and push into the main body of the destruction army.  The destruction ranks quickly become confused, as first many of the cowardly Black Guard, pull back too quickly leaving their casters & healers exposed.  The courageous order band quickly focus their efforts with the main body pushing the black orcs - keeping their focus while small teams cut down the wielders of dark magic. 

A small party of destruction attempt to circle the main body and push into the small band of healers struggling to keep up with the healing needs of the party but a handful of knights and a brave ironbreaker quickly cut them off and within moments their evil blood is soaking into the earth to nourish the forest of Avelorn.

The fighting continues but the fragile spirit of the destruction party has been broken as now Black Orcs are fleeing into the forest behind as Order make chase - sending many of their souls back to the dark gods.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 11:57:00 AM »
Gods I miss Tier 3!

I'll get Burna there eventually and leave him there for as long as possible, despite the levelling changes.  Tier 3 always does seem to have the best action.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 09:15:25 PM »
Ill be back at some point.
War isn't a game you can go afk in for long periods of time unlike EVE hence my War appearances are few and far between. Having a combination of a full time shift work job, 4 kids under the age of 11 and a pregnant wife has taken away just about any chance ive have of spending more than 10 minutes at a time at the keyboard. :(

Ah well hopefully things will slow down soon and i can get my ass back into the game properly ::)
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Axenar

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 06:51:09 PM »
Well after moaning I know I havent been around the last week or 2, between work and being sent on an away day to Cardiff and such I havent had a lot of time. Add in all the good TV is starting up again (Battlestar anyone!!). Lastly the Missus got me Fable 2 at Crimbo and I'm a bit addicted, even so far as buying Xbox live points for the first time ever so I could download the expansion. Rest assured when I'm finished with it though I'll be back in force.

After all I finally got Axenar up to 22 after seeming to have a mental block at 21. And I'm determined that WAR will be the first MMO since Star Wars Galaxies where my character goes all the way to the highest level. Until then, see you soon.