Author Topic: The Secret World  (Read 36380 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: The Secret World
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2012, 12:44:41 PM »
just please tell me you did the joy that is the kingsmouth code?
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2012, 12:47:10 PM »
nah didnt get that far wanted to leave as much as possible for live was just trying out different weapon choices.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2012, 01:51:35 PM »
god I am so impressed with this game. Not just 'happy' or 'satisfied'...impressed. Finally a breath of fresh air. I love the way they have managed to give it that single player feel yet still maintain it's MMO-ness. It plays more like Alan Wake or Silent Hill, and it even has that Stephen King esque atmosphere to it. good stuff! Oh and the skill wheel is tasty. Very tasty.

I did Kingsmouth code, Garry. Took me half of Saturday, but finally got there, and it was well worth it!

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2012, 08:19:02 AM »
Well...

It's stunning. Take all the MMO's you've ever played and completely forget everything about them. TSW has pretty much taken the MMO rulebook and thrown it on the fire and broken all ties with the norm. And it's about fucking time somebody did, as this is just something else. Reading stuff on here, I know a lot of you have the MMO burnout, and some are ummin and ah-ing....but I guarantee this will take you by the short and curlies and fist fuck you into total immersion.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2012, 05:38:26 PM »
yeah im still in kingsmouth tried about 4 different builds so not rushing it.
my favorite is my duel pistol templar and for someone who has always said microtransaction burn in hell i actually bought some funcom points and bought my avatar 3 outfits :o

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2012, 05:40:54 PM »
yeah im still in kingsmouth tried about 4 different builds so not rushing it.
my favorite is my duel pistol templar and for someone who has always said microtransaction burn in hell i actually bought some funcom points and bought my avatar 3 outfits :o

you have the barbie bug my friend
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2012, 10:05:58 AM »
I've re-teamed up with Pandion Knights as Illumunati and primarily gone for blade/hammer tank and dps, but filled inner trees for fist/blood healing too. I'm mixing and matching too. Getting to the last set of missions in kingsmouth now, and hoping to give Polaris a go. Good thing is that you can group up cross faction for dungeons/missions etc, so makes finding groups so much easier. And you only need to look for 'others' rather than looking for a 'tank' 'dps' or 'healer'. Full of win. You guys who arent bothering are missing out.

I think the fact this game has slipped under the radar a little, and not brought on massive expectation, exposure and hype (as what you get with the usual AAA cookie cuter MMOs) has really given Funcom a lot of breathing room to just try something different and do it their way. They've thrived on it, bigtime! They deserve all the kudos in the MMO world for this game.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2012, 10:26:34 AM »
which server you playing on?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2012, 11:16:04 AM »
Well...

It's stunning. Take all the MMO's you've ever played and completely forget everything about them. TSW has pretty much taken the MMO rulebook and thrown it on the fire and broken all ties with the norm. And it's about fucking time somebody did, as this is just something else. Reading stuff on here, I know a lot of you have the MMO burnout, and some are ummin and ah-ing....but I guarantee this will take you by the short and curlies and fist fuck you into total immersion.

Does it have multithousand player fps battles? featuring 3 factions one of which wears yellow & blue?

If so them im sold if not then I'll wait for PS2 :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2012, 11:37:27 AM »
I'm on Huldra, but server does not matter apart from doing Fusang PVP. You can group up cross server to do content.

Jon, Fusang is a massive pvp area. Persistent (drop in drop out), 3 faction, 60 a side to take and hold 5 facilitites. The number of facilities you hold/own in Fusang (as well as the other 2 smaller PVP zones) determines on how awesome the buff your faction gets outside in PVE. Illuminati wears blue, so haflway there :p Also, at the end of the gaming week when they take servers down for maintenence, the devs look at who held what for longest and give an overall reward for who won that week.

Planetside 2 looks good if you want a bit of simplistic pedal to the metal shooting. This is something to captivate you in a completely different way.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2012, 11:46:01 AM »
Tbh, i dont want a game that has a story anymore.  I want to make that story myself in a near sandbox environment or make someone cry by shooting them in the face.

And PS2 for me is going to be my last MMO as PS1 was my first. And while it may be a shooter its not the likes of the console shite battleofduty541 :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2012, 11:47:42 AM »
But I do wish you theme parkers luck with your game :)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2012, 11:48:23 AM »
Fair enough. It's a shame though, I honestly think this could be the most important MMO ever made providing it gets the deserved TLC by Funcom.

I think I might be giving PS2 a go anyway. Seen some top notch vids

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2012, 07:43:02 AM »
Fair enough. It's a shame though, I honestly think this could be the most important MMO ever made providing it gets the deserved TLC by Funcom.

I think I might be giving PS2 a go anyway. Seen some top notch vids

Now you sound like me and SWTOR, and look how that turned out ;D

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2012, 08:10:54 AM »
Try TSW for yourself and then see what you think, dude.

We all knew SWTOR was a cookie cutter MMO with a different (albeit much more interesting) IP and a tonne of hype to fill even before launch. It did start off fatastic, the leveliing process the first time was top notch, but it falls into the traps. You level up, you do dailies. and so on. TSW has no levels, all of the game is endgame. It's as much of a 'Silent Hill' or a 'Left for Dead' or a 'Myst' than it is an MMO. If SWTOR pioneered the 'story driven' theme park MMO, then TSW has taken the model, improved on it, and stuck it into a much more semi-sandbox game.

Doesn't have that boxed in and sterile feeling you get from SWTOR. Compeltely different style of game.