Author Topic: The Warhammer 40K Thread  (Read 9170 times)

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
Re: The Warhammer 40K Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 08:55:15 AM »
Oh god that is just amazing, seriously impressive

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Axenar

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 09:46:11 PM »
As promised, here we are.

After breaking my back to get these boys finished for the weekend, I finally managed to get my 1500 point DA army complete. Amazingly, this is my first ever fully painted 40K army in nearly 13 years! The shame of it...   :-[

Anyway, here are the pics. I won best painted for these guys, so I'm pretty chuffed. I scored a few opposing players 10/10 for their painting, so competition was fierce. :D

The Army:

Nice, very nice, I'll need to get some pics of my Necrons up at some point.

Hopefully getting to visit Warhammer World this weekend while down near Nottingham. Will be taking plenty of pictures there too.

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2009, 12:07:48 PM »
I hate you, now i feel the urge to start painting up my Blood Angels again. Difficult project with the little one crawling around and wanting to bash everything i am having my hands on (Some of you had the good fortune to see the results of my daughter bashing my keyboard)

but great paintjob!!
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 09:29:59 AM »
Well, I may well be returning to these boys in the very near future.

Want to add another Tactical Squad in Rhino and three Vindicators.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 06:44:32 PM »
Apparently 40k is conditioning kids for war!

http://www.pbsblog.com/projects/spacemarines/deathtoys.html

The Space Marines come equipped with all of the latest sneaky back-door techniques of conditioning children to accept war and total obedience to authority, complete with telling them to extract pride from doing so and to see themselves as superior beings with the unquestionable right to kill, on command. All in a fun package guaranteed to go mostly unnoticed by distracted, harried parents.

The Space Marines will condition your child to see the genetic mutilation of his or her body as desirable and good, because here it is framed in a way to make it sound like the road to being superhuman. Being superhuman then must be a good and desirable thing.

No discussions about ethics are needed here, they would just get in the way of the pure conditioning going on in your child's brain.

What's really fun about this particular toy set is finding all the occult and new world order references. They abound and if you peruse the page you'll find it chock full of nifty, or is it creepy, predictive programming and even tactics to go street by street in a town near you murdering every person you can find. This will make your child a hero. There are swell icons like Azrael, (Israel?) the supreme Grand Master who's "codex" description sounds like something out of a high mason's ceremony.

There's also Lucius, the Eternal. A sadistic slaughterer who can never truly be killed.

There's the Ordo Malleus, Horus, and even a rendition of futuristic looking creepy nazi-like thugs that bear an amazing resemblance to the futuristic looking creepy nazi-like thugs depicted at the Denver airport in the infamous creepy as hell mural on their walls.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 09:56:35 PM »
Azrael, (Israel?) the supreme Grand Master
What? Gargamel of the smurfs is involved too!?  :o
This goes deeper than I thought!
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 10:44:19 AM »
that dumb tit who posted that page is obviously a thick idiot :)

Azrael is the islamic Angel of death (and one of Lucifers fallen angels) for instance nowt to do with Israel

....and its just a GAME :) 

gamers have been bombarding him with hate mail which is funny :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 03:06:43 PM »
It's just a typical example of a Canarican without a sense of humour. :)
Basically, yes,
1. it's a game.
2. The (not so) "obscure" references to occult and RL is (imho) on purpose - WH40K is kinda Apocalyptic/dystopian in theme.
So even their good guys are not so good. Well, that's the relaxed (european?) way I look at it. ;)
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.