Author Topic: Screens  (Read 6294 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Screens
« on: June 19, 2012, 07:30:51 AM »

"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Screens
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 07:32:39 AM »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 02:02:23 PM »
Reminds me a bit of farcry, regarding colour use, but looks very nice!
Afraid of req specs though...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 02:07:01 PM »
My laptop already had trouble loading the images.  ;D
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 06:49:14 PM »
A few images honestly not from under the thing that says I really shouldnt be doing this:

[smg id=226 type=full]

[smg id=227 type=full]

[smg id=228 type=full]

These are all on default gfx settings (except resolution and fov size)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 08:15:17 PM »
So Tribes is more of a round by round shooter that allows you to improve your character along the way.
And this is a persistent MMO that's built around shooting but also objectives and such?
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 10:43:11 PM »
As far as I understand it PS2 is around capturing and holding parts of a world, MMO style (think WAR, but more persistant I guess? also economics involved etc.?), while Tribes is - yeah, round by round fast paced pewpew.

Big upside of PS2 is playless skilling, à la EVE.
PS2 looks nicer too.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 08:12:35 AM »
Tribes as you say there is character dev, but the game is a match system rather than open world.

PS2 is the sequel to a open world multi continent shooter where as you killed other players you "leveled" and along the way you gained certification points which when spent allowed you to use more equipment - not all at once as you have limited loadout space and certain armours you could "cert" into limited what you could carry or vehicles you could use etc etc.  PS2 still has "levels" (Battle ranks), but you gain certification points in a similar method to eve's training system, however you chose where to spend these points rather than pick x skill and points are applied along the way.  The in game CP generation is a faster than the offline generation, obviously a clever move. 
Territory wise in PS1, you captured all the bases on a continent it became yours (People would be locked from reclaiming it unless they fully owned a connected continent)- until one of the other factions managed to meet the conditions to start "unlocking" it.  The bases also granted different effects/vehicles for your faction to use along the way, so they were very much worth capping.  In PS2, bases dont have these wonderful affects, and right now, territory control is based on every hex of the map, each hex generates resources for the empire that has the most influence there (gained through killing and also owning neighbouring hex's).  There is not a "win" condition for the continent system right now as each of the 3 factions has a perma base on them - the beta forums do want this changed along with lots of other items we are pushing for - but it is still fun regardless.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 08:24:36 PM »
Ignore FPS reports, I have been mucking with settings so numbers are all over, but usually i average 40-50 even in large battles, however today Devs switched Fog on - not quite there with that yet :D

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoilers content.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 04:37:48 PM »
nda is lifted.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 05:04:13 PM »
Screenshot shitstorm incoming.

Is there a super ultra low graphics setting?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 05:11:22 PM »
nda is lifted.

so release date imminent?
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 06:16:59 PM »
Screenshot shitstorm incoming.

Is there a super ultra low graphics setting?

I'll check.

Garry dont think so - but hard to tell with SOE.

Still only 1 continent live right now, and cant see them going properly live without the other 2 they are releasing with.

And plus, its still kinda a tech beta in some regards.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 08:28:53 PM »