Author Topic: Planetside 2  (Read 20616 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2012, 08:18:16 AM »
That all depends on where you're spawning too. If you are spawning in a location that is heavily under attack your life expectation is quite short indeed.
Also, FPS-games like this are very different from games like L4D (or regular MMO's for that matter). The majority of the players will die very, very, very often. The trick is to take as many as you can with you before you go.

Aaaaand, dying very, very, very often is more fun when you're happily chatting away with folks on mumble. I suggest you also make a VS char on US-Mattherson, where the RvB guys play. Had good fun with Mang and a bunch of them yesterday!
RvB being huuuuge it means there is a better chance of actually playing with other folks there.
There is the fact that some guys I played with at a small-scale LAN-party last summer also play at Miller - we could hook up with them if there aren't many folks around I guess.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2012, 08:30:10 AM »
No matter what settings I use, the game seems to look shit and run shit on my machine.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2012, 09:19:50 AM »
No matter what settings I use, the game seems to look shit and run shit on my machine.

Press Alt+f to get a read of your fps in the bottom left corner of the screen.

Next to that it will give you an indicator of what is the bottleneck with your machine too.  CPU or GPU will be there.

=======

Also yes fun evening times on Matherson VS can be had.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2012, 10:56:39 AM »
I went with Low, 1600x900 and 100% rendering. That seems to work for now.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2012, 11:11:01 PM »
Going to cert into busdriver a bit on my VS char, now that I spent 50 on deploy - why the hell not. Ammo spawn next...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2012, 01:10:51 AM »
We Form Purple now contains 20 players or so.  Including 2 EVE devs :)

So for fun evening times join us on matherson (US East) Vanu side :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2012, 12:56:27 PM »
Yay, got my Sunderer ammo deployment cert!

Also, basic upgrades for ammo and zoom for turrets are really cheap (1 each), so if you roll around in a tank/w.e. now and then, I suggest you stick a few points in there to make the life of your vehicle-buddies easier.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2012, 02:01:02 PM »
So I thought: hey... let's create multiple characters so they can passively accumulate cert points. But I created another Vanu on Matherson and it started with 0 certs. Reckon that plan isn't going to work then?

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2012, 03:16:03 PM »
All chars start with 0 cert point, no?
I'd check him again tonight or so...

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2012, 06:05:26 PM »
Ok so apparently you can only have 3 characters right now. Are we ditching the EU server or should we keep a char on Miller EU?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2012, 06:37:53 PM »
Its 3 chars per server iirc, and then only one on faction per server.

Regardless though keep the miller nc char cos NC are good fun too.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2012, 12:34:02 AM »
Good fun again! Now to find the thin line between gaming time and gf time.
Also great to play with all you guys again!

Quite occupied this weekend, so not much action for me then.   :(

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2012, 09:17:33 AM »
Yeah last night was stunningly good fun.

Yes, VS seemed to be getting stomped hard on Amerish, but that just meant we had more targets.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2012, 10:35:42 AM »
Definitely more fun once you grasp the actual concepts and are moving in large groups.

I seem to suck as any type of infantry, but I can score some kills in tanks, max suits or when sniping.

Does anyone know if C4 is worth it? The idea of a highly upgraded jetpacker dropping a bundle of c4 into a group of enemy infantry or tanks is still appealing.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2012, 01:25:24 PM »
This slightly outdated wiki (still largely based on beta it seems) says that it takes 2 C4 to destroy a lightning. Doesnt say anything about explosion radius (which matters vs. infantry).

So... no clue, doesnt really sound like it.